Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter - WPS Pin - Sony

Hi

I recently bought the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter.

I have a sony - KLV-32CX320  tv with a lenovo windows 8.1 64 bit laptop.

I also run on a dual band belkin router N600db. is that an issue?

When my laptop detects the display adapter it is asking for WPS Pin? nothing displayed on my tv so i dont know where to get it from.

Can someone please help me on the same or how to get a wps pin?

Thanks

Eapen

Hi Jacob,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing difficulty in connecting your TV to the network.

I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

Instead of typing a security key or passphrase, press the Wi Fi Protected Setup (WPS) button on the router. The router will automatically set up the PC to connect to the network and apply the network's security settings.

You can refer to the following article for more information.

Add a device or PC to a network

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/add-device-or-pc-to-network

Hope it helps.

Keep us posted on the status of the issue and I’ll be glad to assist you further.

Regards,
Yaseer.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Mohammed, that's a great answer, if the question was asking how to connect a TV to a router network, but that's not what was asked.  Please read the question thoroughly (maybe more than once) so you understand it before giving an answer that's not relevant to the issue.  (And whomever 'rubber stamped' your reply with the big check mark and the 'Answer' emblem should maybe take the time to review a bit longer as well).

The issue (which I'd like to know the answer to too, as I'm having the same issue) was:

I'm trying to connect my PC to an MS Wireless Display Adapter, and when my laptop tries to pair with the adapter, the adapter is asking the laptop to enter a WPS PIN (there is no router involved here).

It appears that the display adapter has it's own WPS PIN that it needs input from the laptop in order to pair with it.  There is no WPS PIN displayed on the TV screen that the display adapter is plugged into, nor on the adapter itself, so where can I find this PIN so I can connect to the wireless display adapter?

28 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I WOULD  LIKE  TO KNOW  WHERE  TO FIND  A  WPS  PIN

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem. Issue with using the MS WDA Windows APP it seems. worked fine before i installed app. then asked for pin. Microsoft...why don't you support your products after they are released? You give ZERO attention to your online community. At least test your products before you pre-maturely ej... them into the market.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately I have the same issue with MS WDA

Where can I get the WPS PIN from?

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I figured it out! There appears to be no instructions in the box or otherwise, but here's how to get the WPS Pin for your Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter

1. Connect to the device and wait until you see the prompt for the pin.

2. On the Microsoft Wireless Display adapter, press and hold the button next to USB cord for 2-3 seconds.

3. You should see a pin pop up on the screen. Enter this pin to connect to the adapter

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

What power cord? What button. My adapter has an HDMI & USB connectors and that's it no power cord?

This is very annoying, I think it is an issue with backward compatibility and they should have given a pin.  Probably all the pins are the same.

BTW do Microsoft staff get to mark their own posts as the answer?

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

After looking everywhere for guidance where to find this PIN number, this reply got me going. On my first try, getting to the prompt that asks for the pin, I pressed the button on the adapter, and I got an 8-digit number on the TV. It seemed to relate to some kind of a TV related number. Entering that number did not do it. When I got to the prompt a second time, another 8-digit number was displayed on the TV that seemed to relate to my PC that I was using. That worked.

Thanks for getting me going.

To Microsoft: please improve the instructions: at least give more detailed instructions that can be downloaded from the WEB. The printed info that comes with the unit is too small print and practically incomplete.

I hope this is my final attempt!

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for these directions.  I found the little button and pushed it (and held it down) but nothing happened.

I've been using my WDA for over a year.  Suddenly tonight it wouldn't connect.  Each time I try to connect, it appears that it is going to, both my laptop and TV screen go black, and then the TV screen goes back to saying "Ready to Connect."

After researching, I downloaded the app (probably mistake #1) thinking I needed it to get a firmware update.  It's worthless as 'firmware' is not highlighted and I can't click on on it.

This I went into my devise settings and 'disconnected' the WDA.  (Proably mistake #2 but nothing else was working.) I know, it's a contradiction.  My computer 'sees' the WDA plugged into the TV so in that sense, it is 'connected' but I can't get past the 'ready to connect screen.

Anyway, I'm dead in the water.  When I tried to re-install the WDA in devices on my computer, it asked for the WPS and I haven't a clue.  When I pushed the button on the end of the WPS, the TV screen still shows the Microsoft Logo, and says "MicrosoftDisplayAdaptor_D8   Ready to connect."

Thanks 

'

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 17, 2024 Views 5,500 Applies to: