Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Windows 10 Compatibility

Hi,

I have an old application that requires this redistributable package. I'm trying to install it on a Windows 10 PC but the MSVC2005Redistributable installation fails with the error below.

I'm trying to contact the company that made the application but they have changed ownership a couple of times so I'm still working on that. In the meantime, if this redistributable package compatible with Windows 10?

We had some Win7 PC where this application was running just fine. These were upgraded to Windows 10 and the application continued to run.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

LA

Hi Leo

According to the Visual C++ documentation, that redistributable is only supported up to Windows 7 and is not compatible with Windows 8 or 10 . . .

Is this the version of that re-distributable you are trying to install?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/detail...

Your best option would be to contact the software developer and ask them if they can re-compile that application for a version of the redistributalbe post the 2010 version, it is easy enough to do for them . . .

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes. The link is for the redistributable I was trying to install. I am still trying to get in contact with someone at the new company that owns the application I'm trying to use.

I also did notice in the requirements for the redistributable that Windows 10 was not in the list. But I was just wondering if there was a way to make it work since the app on other PCs that had this redistributable before being upgraded to Windows 10 continue working just fine.

Thanks again.

LA

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Leo

Honestly, it is only the software developer that can make the necessary change required, I write software for a living and regularly have to update legacy software I coded many years ago as Microsoft introduce new operating systems and even with feature updates to Windows 10 . . .

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated November 25, 2020 Views 10,830 Applies to: