Microsoft Sudoku is frozen when advertisment changes

Microsoft has recently broken SUDOKU in their zeal to impose different advertisements every few seconds.  This is especially annoying for those of us that suffer low internet bandwidth.

When playing free sudoku, the advertisement picture goes black and the game board does not respond to mouse clicks until the new advertisement appears and just moments later this happens again.  These constant faults make the game almost unplayable and add several minutes to the time.

It seems like this fault has gotten much worse in the past week because the advertisements change much more frequently than they used to and loading new pictures has become a higher priority foreground process than playing the game.

Whoever made these changes should be fired

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I, too, am having this issue that just started a couple of weeks ago - and it's not just with the Sudoku game.  It is also happening with Puzzles and Solitaire as well! It is SUPER annoying, as there is nothing that can be done to fix the issue from our end! Seems to be a Microsoft issue with their ads. I know it's the ads that are the problem because I have Premium Memberships to Minesweeper and Mahjong, and the ad issues are not relevant there - and there is no issue with game play since there are no ads to load. It's not an issue with my internet connection - I have FiOS that is super fast with zero loading issues.

It's one thing to have ads when you play a free version of an app (I get that), however it's another when it renders the games completely unplayable! Hope Microsoft fixes this advertising issue (and agree that the employee who thought this would be a great idea should be fired!). If Microsoft thought this might force those of us playing the free versions to upgrade to the Premium Memberships to avoid the annoyance of ads crashing the games, they can think again! In fact, I'm going to refuse to continue the Premium Memberships I have when they come up for renewal until the FREE versions are playable again for all!

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

There are several reasons why Microsoft Sudoku is frozen when advertisement changes, in this case some of the components of the game is corrupted or the drivers of your PC needs to be updated. To isolate problems with Microsoft Sudoku, here is a link on how to download and use Apps Troubleshooter. 

Don't forget to let us know how it turns out. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

where is the link mentioned?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for your reply, place your mouse cursor to the word "link" you will able to click it and your can download and use the Apps Troubleshooter.

Feel free to provide us a feedback.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

All the link did was start the trouble shooter which turned on UAC and said everything was fine.  The problem still exists.  What next Doc?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

In my case the app is not frozen, just unresponsive to mouse actions.  For example, the timer keeps ticking.  If I drop the app to the task bar it does that fine.  It will then suddenly stop (the underline on the task bar disappears)...sometimes.  Other times it will restore and start working again for a few minutes.  It is so bad I went looking for an ad free version but couldn't find one.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same issue with finger taps on touchscreen.  Then after a minute or so, bang bang, and it continues.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for responding, Let us try to get software and driver updates for Windows 10. Here is a link on how to do it.

Don't forget to let us know how it turns out.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have updates set to automatic.  When I looked at the Update Drivers and Software screen this morning it said my system was up to date and the last checked date/time was around 2:45 PM on 8/2.  I then clicked the "check for updates" and up popped a new cumulative update!  It is downloading now and I will apply it as soon as it finishes and report status on the topic of this thread.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I downloaded and installed the latest Windows 10 updates and the problem still exists.   Sometimes you can play the game for 2 or 3 minutes, sometimes only a minute and once in a while for longer periods....very unpredictable.  It almost seems to me like a server side problem with whatever is serving up the adds to be displayed.  I decided to turn off my Wifi connection (network) and see how the game played.  On launch, it complained about no internet but loaded up fine and showed the add for Microsoft Solitaire which did not change.  The problem did not occur and I was able to complete a game without restarting the app.  For me this is a temporary workaround as disconnecting/reconnecting is two mouse clicks but it would be nice to get it really fixed.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 18, 2024 Views 749 Applies to: