Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service high CPU usage

Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service, Sppsvc.exe, uses too much cpu, often going up to above 50-55%. This happens in very frequent bursts that will last for about 20mins and will severely slow down my pc, often even causing other apps to freeze.

I have windows10, no kms, no pirate program versions-activators.

I have already tried EVERYTHING:

-Checked that my system is fully updated

-Scanned for malware using 4 different programs

-Used system maintenance troubleshooter

-Run a clean boot & high cpu problem still persisted.

-run a system file checker.

-and, as a last resort, I reset my system choosing to remove all my files and apps, and sppsvc still used the same cpu before i added any of my previous files or programs.

I have resorted to disabling sppsvc using the registry editor and scheduled tasks so that I can work. (I have 'go to settings to activate windows' watermark on my desktop)

I should not have to do this to be able to work, and, since I have tried all of the above, I cannot think of anything else it might be appart from a glitch in the sppsvc program released by ms itself.

Any suggestions? Or any planned future updates by ms that will address this issue please?

Answer
Answer

Hi guys,

This fixed it for me:

Once in the task scheduler, expand “Task Scheduler Library” and open the KMS process. On the right side, you will see different applications for which KMS is activated and working. Right-click on each of the entry and select “Disable”. This will disable the processes completely.

33 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 9, 2024 Views 107,816 Applies to: