Microsoft Security vs Trend Micro

Can someone tell me if it is necessary to use another security program ie. Trend Micro if a new computer comes with Microsoft Security?
Hi frog66TC,

I am an independent advisor and a Microsoft user like you, and I would be happy to help you out with this.

I have used the built-in Windows Security and no third-party security program for several years, and have not run into any issues. The built-in security also provides the best performance, whereas third-party applications generally tend to slow the system down and cause more problems than it is worth.

It is not necessary to use another security program, especially if you are careful about the links you click on.

For more information on Windows 10's built-in security, you can visit this website:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compreh...

I hope this has helped you. If this is not what you are looking for, please reply and let us know and we would be happy to look into providing some different suggestions!

Regards,
-Ashton

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

You don't seriously think you'll get an objective opinion on Windows Defender in a forum sponsored by Microsoft, do you?

Windows Defender is fine antivirus software, but lots of third-party developers also make excellent antivirus software. It's your choice to make - no one can tell you what is best for you.

When I made my choice, I preferred to rely on objective testing rather than the opinions of people I never met whose expertise was unknown to me (and easy to exagerate.) The professionals who test antivirus software for a living are the real experts ... I turned to their testing results for my decision.

If you do the same, you'll find that, while on any given day there are some products that are better than others, on the whole most antivirus does a fine job of defending a computer against malware. So your choice may be heavily influenced by how easy it is to work with the software, whether you like the user interface, whether you get good support and what other features come with the software. These are choices only you can make, after considering the facts.

Most important of all is to appreciate that antivirus software is only a second line of defense against malicious attacks. We, the computer users, are the first line of defense - our willingness to learn about the threats that face us and how to avoid them. No antivirus software can do that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not affiliated in any way with Directly or their Independent Advisors.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Whether you want to use Windows Defender or want to install another AV depends on your own preferences and habits.

Personally, I prefer a third party product.

No matter which AV you use, there might be situations in which you want to use other Anti-Malware programs for occasional, on-demand scans.

Suggestion to read:

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2024 Views 1,326 Applies to: