Microsoft Phone Link and sound via headphones

Hi!

When I make a call via Microsoft Phone Link, the person I'm talking to doesn't understand me very well. I have my phone connected to my laptop via Bluetooth. When I first installed the thing last year, it worked perfectly for a few months. The sound was pretty good. Even making calls through the computer and the headset connected to the laptop after the phone was connected to the laptop via Bluetooth worked. Then all of a sudden I couldn't talk through the laptop. There was no sound in the headphones and it has remained that way to this day. Probably there was some update and now it doesn't work anymore. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled MS Phone Link twice, but it still doesn't work. Do you have a solution for this problem?

Best regards,

Jože

Hi, Jože.

I'm Jen. I'm an independent advisor and would happily help you figure this out.

I understand you are having issues with the call audio in the Phone link app. May I ask if you are getting an error when you receive a call? Also, are you using a wired headset or Bluetooth headset?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello, thank you for your willingness to help me. No matter if I am on the phone or if someone calls me, there is no sound on the headset. I am using wired headphones. It's the same when I plug them into the docking station or directly into the laptop. Other apps work normally with headphones, e.g. Webex, MS teams, internet music...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry for the late reply. To further troubleshoot, you can follow the steps in the link I shared below.
https://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-10-is-co...
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/troub...

If the issue persists after troubleshooting, I suggest submitting feedback using the Feedback Hub instead as it may also be a bug on the app.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/sen...

Feel free to share how it went.

Kind regards.

*****Note: This is a non-Microsoft website that would provide accurate and safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that are frequently classified as PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). There is no need to buy paid products to fix your computers as they do more harm than good sometimes.*****

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thanks for the tips. When I removed the Bluetooth device (mobile phone) from the laptop and paired the device again, the sound appeared in the wired headphones I had connected to the laptop during a call. I heard the caller perfectly. But the caller heard his voice in the echo. He was listening and speaking directly over the phone. How can I fix this problem?

Best regards, Jože

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm glad to know there's been an improvement. The echo might be caused by your mic settings or Microphone boost. But to help you identify which is causing the issue, you can follow the steps in this link.
https://www.thewindowsclub.com/fix-mic-echo-eff...

*****Note: This is a non-Microsoft website that would provide accurate and safe information. Watch out for ads on the site which are frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). There is no need to buy paid products to fix your computers as they do more harm than good sometimes.*****

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thanks for the link to the troubleshooting instructions for the echo effect. Apparently there was a glitch in the call, because no echo effect was detected on subsequent calls. I hope it stays that way ;).

As for the audibility of the sound in the wired headphones when making calls with Microsoft Phone Link, I still have certain issues that occur when I move the phone far enough away from the laptop that the Bluetooth connection is lost. Then when I get close and the connection is automatically restored, there is no sound in the headphones, but that doesn't always happen. Then I have to disconnect the phone from the laptop and pair them again. Finally, it has even happened that I turned the supplied headphone plug in the laptop a little and sound appeared in the headphones. Perhaps there is a fault, either with the jack or the plug. I will be more careful in this direction too...

Best regards, Jože

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm glad to know that it somehow turned out well. You might want to also test other wired headset to confirm where the problem is coming from. In case you encounter an issue again, you can always update this thread. Have a great weekend!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

I have two identical headphones, one at work and one for working from home, and I have the mentioned problems with both. But now I will pay more attention to the socket on the laptop. If/when I find issues, I will report.

With kind regards,

Jože

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 1, 2024 Views 130 Applies to: