microsoft jigsaw will not open for me to play daily challenge

Microsoft jigsaw daily challenge game will not open for me to play.
Please try these steps and check after each step. If these don't work, let me know. I will provide further troubleshooting steps.

1. If you are able to open MS Store, open MS Store > Click on your profile picture on top right and sign-out. Then sign-in again.

2. Try to reset the app
Windows Key+i > Apps > Scroll down to this App > Click this App > Advanced options > Reset

3. Windows Key+i > Apps > Scroll down to this App > Click this App > Uninstall.

Reinstall from Microsoft Store

4. Run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter
Windows Key+X > Click Settings > Click Update & security > Click Troubleshoot > Scroll down to the bottom > Click Windows Store Apps > Click Run the Troubleshooter

5. Reset Windows Store through Command Prompt
Type cmd in Windows Search box > Right click on Command Prompt > Run As Administrator > Type WSreset.exe and click Enter > Reboot your computer

6. Re-register All Store apps (You will get many Reds, ignore them)
Windows Key+X > Windows Powershell (Admin) > Copy the following from below and right click in Powershell to paste > Enter > Restart your computer

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

7. Uninstall & Reinstall Store
Windows Key+X > Windows Powershell (Admin) > Copy the following from below and right click in Powershell to paste > Enter

Get-AppxPackage -allusers *WindowsStore* | Remove-AppxPackage

Copy the following from below and right click in Powershell to paste > Enter > Reboot your computer

Get-AppxPackage -allusers *WindowsStore* | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}
Sincerely yours,
Vijay A. Verma @ https://excelbianalytics.com

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I am also having problems with MS Jigsaw.

I have encountered problems since updating to Version 1809 / build 17763.253 a few days ago.   Jigsaw loads up to the "Choose difficulty" screen.  Having selected a difficulty level the maroon "Loading Screen" appears, and the loading bar gets to half-way, then the screen goes black with the timing balls in the middle - it stays like this for about 30 seconds then shows the final screen of an underlying advert display offering closure in the top right corner or download in the bottom right.   Clicking Close takes me back to the Choose difficulty screen.

I have tried all the above suggestions without success - Jigsaw will not load a puzzle.

Sudoku follows exactly the same pattern and will not load a puzzle.

Minesweeper loads for one game, then after selecting "new game" proceeds with black screen, timing balls, splash screen for end of advert; clicking Close - reverts to the difficulty selection screen and won't load again. 

If I exit the game completely and re-open, a game is available but it is the same one as previous - tried several times, always the same.

Very frustrating.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank You. At least I know it is not my computer. I usually just uninstall and install. I l lose points but I just play the daily challenges for fun...not competitive. But,, I also do the puzzles and when I uninstall I lose all I have so I just reload the ones I enjoy. Luckily gaming just for fun. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am sorted at last.

Found a similar tale of woe a few days ago with a reply about updating drivers for the graphics card - link here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-jigsaw/bdcca7b4-816d-4900-83d6-8a61470e52c5?rtAction=1548946468081

I tried all of this and the most recent updated driver for my system turned out to be a Microsoft default one, but the screen sizing was awful (1280 x 1024) and there wasn't any option to get back to 1920 x 1080 screen size.  (However, jigsaw did open)   Returned to the graphic card driver to get the screen back to normal, but jigsaw would not load - just the same as in my post of 16 January.

Further googling - turns out to be a driver problem, but as AMD had not updated the driver for my card, and were unlikely to as the card is 10 years old, as is the rest of my system, the solution was to buy a new graphics card.   Its a fairly basic one (EVGA Geforce GTX 1050 (Nvidia)) as I do not "game" other than jigsaw, mahjong, sudoku etc. 

I have just installed this card with a very up to date driver downloaded from EVGA website - and everything is back to normal.   Jigsaw etc all work fine, just as they used to.

So all is well in my world again!!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 2, 2024 Views 743 Applies to: