Microsoft Flight Simulator takes FOREVER to load

I've almost given up but I really really want to play this game. It worked for AGES then the last update basically buggered the game up.

So far:

Downloaded and installed to NVME OS Drive, NVME Games drive, Brand new SSD, all fail to load.

I've reset, and repaired the game each time. I've downloaded the game each time (6 hours to download, Cheers Microsoft)

No error messages, just the blue bar at the bottom of the screen, slowly goes across and when it does get to the end, it stops. and nothing happens. It takes 10-20 minutes to get to the end. I can load a game from Cassette on a Spectrum faster!

I don't want to reset Windows 10, that's way too much of a pain in the **** for just one game, its the only one I have issues with.

I have run the game as Administrator, I've tried to see if anything was blocking it, I load the game without any USB Devices plugged in (Which includes keyboard and mouse, by unplugging after I start the game!) started the game after rebooting, Repaired the game, Reset the game...

My computer specs:

32gb DDR4-3200

Intel i7 10700k

Aorus Pro AX Z490 board

RTX 2070

I'm not sure what else or more I can do other than wait for new updates. Please help, I so want to play this game!

On the flipside, Forza 7 works fine, as does Forza Horizons 4, F1 2021 etc... so its certainly not a computer issue... Help!

Answer
Answer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you are facing issues to load Flight Simulator

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• Do you get any error code/message when game is loading?

Meanwhile, follow please the methods given below and check if the issue persists:

Method 1: Update drivers

We found that a new driver has been released for NVidia GeForce RTX 2070, please refer to the link given below and download the latest driver

Driver Version: 471.96 - Release Date: Tue Aug 31, 2021

Official GeForce Drivers | NVIDIA

Method 2: New User Account

We would also suggest you to create a new user account with administrative rights and check if the issue persists. Creating a new user account will not remove any data, app or settings from your current user account, this is just a troubleshooting steps to eliminate the possibility of user profile corruption. Refer this article to create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Method 3: Clean boot

Performing a clean boot will start the computer with minimal set of drivers and programs, to determine whether a background program is causing the issue. Some of the Startup programs will not load after performing a clean boot on the computer. However, that functionality will return when you reset the computer to start normally after finishing the troubleshooting.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows-da2f9573-6eec-00ad-2f8a-a97a1807f3dd

For additional information, please refer to the link given below:

Game freezes or stops responding on a Windows 10 device | Xbox Support

Let us know how it goes

Vineet Kumar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 7, 2024 Views 6,454 Applies to: