Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Content Manager stuck in download of asobo-aircraft-b787

I bought Flight Sim on Steam, downloaded and installed it the first time with no trouble. The game was struggling on my system so I upgraded the hardware and reinstalled Windows and the game. Now when I try to play the game, it takes me to the initial Content Manager Update screen, I click update, and then it flickers between "Please wait..." and "asobo-aircraft-b787-10-0.1.35.fspackage", never making any actual download progress. I have:

* Uninstalled and reinstalled the game at least a dozen times

* Run the game as administrator

* Deleted all old folders created by the content manager

* Turned of Windows Firewall

* Switched Xbox accounts

* Tried downloading both on ethernet and wireless connections

* Tried installing on multiple drives, all with sufficient disk space

* Tried every Microsoft installation troubleshooting guide

Nothing has worked. It's been over a week now and there still doesn't appear to be any work around or fix.

Build: 10.0.19041.450

Processor: Intel i7-10700

Motherboard: MSI Z490 Gaming Carbon WiFi

Memory: Gskill Ripjaw 32GB DDR4

GPU: MSI 980 GTX (2x SLI)

EDIT: Someone in another thread suggested that this may be related to flight sim settings syncing to your Xbox account. I turned off network data on my initial installation because I was on WiFi, but I never uninstalled the game or changed the setting back, so is it possible it's still syncing to that setting? Is there anywhere it can be changed?

You have disabled the network option on the game (on the older PC), so now the content manager is “remebering” that option on the knew PC, as the Microsoft Account syncronize and store the options on the account, not on each PC separatly.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Proceed like this (the process is described with xbox app but maybe you can do something similar with steam app). I use the xbox app because i

have a suscription to game pass and can play to some games for “free”):

I downloaded and installed MFS through the Xbox app (using my account with the xbox game pass). This installation is the 8GB one.

I logged out of my account on the Xbox app and opened the game (as an administrator). The game asks to be logged in. I created a new account at MS, without subscribing to the Xbox Game Pass, and used that account to log into the game.

The content manager starts normally and the download begins.

I may need to sign in to my original account (the one with the game pass subscription) to play, but there will be no problem since the content will be installed. At the moment the download proceeds smoothly.

I hope this helps

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hola Matias, estuve leyendo tu solucion.  Tengo el mismo problema con las acutalizaciones, No soy muy experto en xbox, compre a través de la Store. Estoy bastante decepcionado con el soporte de Microsoft, y la complejidad de todo, tuve todos los simuladores y ultimamente xplane11, que ahora veo lo inteligente de la instalacion, las cockpit de Fs tienen muy pobre definicion sobre todo los comerciales,  son un un fiasco involables.

Tambien estoy logeado en xbox, pero no encuentro la forma de bajar el programa, simplemente me da ocpcion de Play.

Compre la version premium deluxe, no se si eso cambia algo

Cuando tengas un minuto fijate a ver si me podes dar una mano.

Desde Montevideo, te saluda un piloto comercial retirado. Gracias

Carlos.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Me encantarí poder ayudarte! Pero no se mas que decir al respecto. Mandame una foto de pantalla si podes en donde se traba. Si te deja poner play en la xbox app deberia bajarse y poder entrar al juego (donde termina de bajarse la descarga grande de verdad mediante el administrador de contenido del juego mismo). Dp de que le das play, tarda un minuto (fijate si no tenes minimizada la ventana). Otro tema,  al margen de la xbox app, del microsoft store, al hacer play, te pide descragar otro programita complementario. Pero no se bien en donde te quedas vos. Lo que yo postié en su lomento, era para el administrador de contenido dentro del juego, es decir, luego de bajarlo de xbox app y darle play. Dame algun detelle mas, es una lastima que encima hayas comprado la version deluxe y no la puedas utilizar. Saludos.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Ta tranquilo, lo estoy utilizando basicamente bien, el unico problema es que quedan algunas udates que no las baja, no se porque, tal vez no esten prontas , acutalizo el 98 %.

Cualquier cosa te vuelvo a comunicar.

Este simulador tiene mucho pontencial, pero deben mejorar la operacion, escondieron los archivos, lo reinstale varias veces, tuve que utilizar programas y derechos especiales para poder borarr etc. 

Le falta mucho, no hay replay, no veo condensacion arriba de 27000, y los aviones grandes si no fuese por Zibo y Flyware seria imposible volarlos, otro tema es la mala resolucion de cabinas, hay que acercarse mucho para poder leer, el XPLANE en eso es superior. 

Seguimos en contacto y gracias x la respuesta.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Siempre lo dije, el x plane 11 no tiene nada que envidiarle a este MFS2020, y salio varios años antes. Lo bueno de este ultimo es que cuando planificas el vuelo en el menu previo (para los que no sabemos mucho) ya te lo carga en el FMS y el controlador el ATC también lo sabe, lo conoce el plan. En cambio, en x plane el plan de vuelo hay que importarlo de fly vector o flight sim o bien cargarlo manualmente en el FMS y luego cargarlo aparte en la ventana ATC (y el problema es que algunos waypoints no te los toma en la ventana del ATC entonces no coinciden del todo). Pero me fui de tema! Saludos.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 9, 2022 Views 2,682 Applies to: