Microsoft Family Screen Lock Goes Off At Wrong Time . . .

I like playing on my device until a screen lock goes off and then I can't. But now when I try to get on it locks me out at the wrong time of day for example . . . I'm supposed to get my device unlocked at 8:30 am and I get locked out again at 7:30 pm, but now if I get on my device around 11:45 am it says . . . Time's Up! I hate this problem! My dad and I tried everything to stop this, But it's still NOT working. If you have the solution to this problem, please tell me down below. Thanks!

Hello HailStorm115,

To troubleshoot Microsoft family screen time limit issues, here are some things to try:

1. Try to remove the child account from your Microsoft account and add the account back.
  2. Sign in with your adult account on the Family page, find your child’s name, select Screen time and toggle off/on Set limits for when my child can use devices.
  3. Make sure that the child account is verified. Have them sign in with their Microsoft account. Select the Start button, then select Settings > Accounts and follow the prompts to verify their account.

For more troubleshooting steps about family features, please see this forum article created by Daniel Strommen [MSFT]. You can also check out this support article: Fix screen time limits not working in Windows 10.

Hope this information helps you. To notify us and have us get back to you, simply reply to this post.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 14, 2023 Views 1,868 Applies to: