Microsoft Family: Change Relationship

I added my wife to my Microsoft Family account but she is listed as a child for some reason - is there a way to change the relationship status? When adding a new family member I am simply asked for an email address/phone number, nowhere in the process does it ask for relationship status. Copied below the family member from PC Settings > Accounts > Family & other users.

Answer
Answer
Hi,satellite360 .

I'm Jen, a Windows user just like you. I'm not working for Microsoft but I'd be happy to help you figure this out.

I encountered the same problem before, I suggest that you follow these steps and see if it also works for you.

> In the Settings app, go to Accounts then click the Family and other users tab.
> You should see there that email is still showing as a child, click on Manage family settings online.
> In Family Safety, click on the 3 dots in the member you need to fix. Click on Remove from Family group.
> Once the notice of removal is received, re-add the email to your family.
> Click on Add a family member, input the email address.
> In the "What role should they have", select Organizer Can edit family and safety settings.
> Confirm the email sent to join the family. Once it's successfully added to Family Safety as an organizer, open the Settings app again and you should be able to see that the role has been changed to Adult.

I hope this helps. Feel free to share how it went.

Kind regards,
JC

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 16, 2024 Views 311 Applies to: