Microsoft Employee. Verification possible ?

I have Allan Peter called by phone and claimed to be a Microsoft Employee, MS EMP ID : MS129329 who noticed my laptop would clash in Minutes.  He offered to fix my laptop for a fee.

His email is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Does Microsoft offer such service ?

Albert.

Answer
Answer
No, No, No ! These people are frauds. They call my mothers house often. I answered twice and this man with a foriegn accent, India or African, says he is from Microsoft and tells me all about the virus I have on my computer and if I could give him permission to sign on to my computer so that he can show me all the bad files I have on my pc. He shows me this file and they are all like red notices, so yes I freaked out and really wanted to fix this, but when he said 700.00 I was like what the ****. So I stalled and told him he would have to call back when my mother returned because she is the one who can pay. But before that, I told him I dont have any money for this and he said cant your mother pay? She has money in the bank, no? How in the **** did he know who was able to pay? So after hanging up, I contacted several companies that cleaned up computers, and all of them said, Microsoft does not call residents to notify them of their computers condition. So, yeah they are all frauds trying to get info from your computer and/or money from you (The bastards) so don't you believe them. I would like to try to turn the tables on them and get info from them and try to get them busted. That would make my day.
Becky Ponce

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Microsoft will never call their customers unless the customer has requested the call for technical support.  They have no way of monitoring you PC for errors, viruses ect.  If you receive a call from a person claiming to be from  Microsoft and attempting to connect with a remote access (usually Team Viewer) DO NOT LET THEM!!!  Do not release and financial information such as credit or debit card information.

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 29, 2024 Views 8,383 Applies to: