Microsoft blocks System Mechanic from updating. Why?

Microsoft keeps blocking my Spyware from System Mechanic every time and I update it.  Shuts it down blocks my icon telling me I can no longer use it.  How can I fix this and get whatever is doing this blocked and stop messing up my System Mechanic repairs?  I am getting sick of having to remove my software and reinstall every time I want to use it, because Windows 10 does not like it.

Are you receiving any message from Windows Defender?

Windows won't interfere with software installation and I believe it is compatibility issue and you need to check with application manufacturer.

What is the error message?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Are you receiving any message from Windows Defender?

Windows won't interfere with software installation and I believe it is compatibility issue and you need to check with application manufacturer.

What is the error message?

As I have been using System Mechanic on my computers for several years  without any issue the answer is completely unhelpful. Windows Defender blocked System Mechanic on both my desktop and one of my laptops yesterday (10 June 2020) and it was not due to compatibility issues.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Microsoft keeps blocking my Spyware from System Mechanic every time and I update it.  Shuts it down blocks my icon telling me I can no longer use it.  How can I fix this and get whatever is doing this blocked and stop messing up my System Mechanic repairs?  I am getting sick of having to remove my software and reinstall every time I want to use it, because Windows 10 does not like it.

I can't even install System Mechanic Free on my Win10 PC it downloads the setup.exe and then Windows deletes the .exe before it can install. 

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

For whatever reason Windows Defender keeps quarantining System Mechanic.  I keep having to go into windows defender and restore System Mechanic.  This is very annoying and really disconcerting that a program that is supposed to be defense software keeps getting recognized as malware by Microsoft it really makes me question whether or not System Mechanic is really safe.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This really makes me think that System Mechanic isn't safe to use and I'm going to remove it and use something else.  Something that when I google it doesn't come up with obvious Fake support links that while close are not real and lead to who knows where. 

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok check if there is issues with your desktop.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The error has something to do with the software manufacturer making false claims about the ability of the software.  I have a subscription to System Mechanic but now don't use it at all.  It surprises me the IOLO System Mechanic people haven't taken any steps to address this problem.  

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 13, 2024 Views 2,562 Applies to: