Microsoft Account Login Error Code 0x80048820

Hello, 

since yesterday I can not login into my microsoft account via my windows 10 pc.
In the browser everything works fine. So what is happening exactly:

It started with the microsoft mail and calender app, where I have my outlook and gmail-accounts. Gmail works fine, but the outlook account

popped me a notice about updating my account information. After following the instructions:

1. enter my login-PIN >> 2. enter my outlook password >> 3. here comes the following message:

Now i get two options: click on send feedback or cancel. By clicking cancel the window closes and nothing happens.

After clicking <send feedback> I get redirected to the app-store to install the feedback app.

Now here begins my self-destruction loop - when trying to install the feedback app, the app-store prompts me with the
same login-procedure as for outlook with the result that I can never ever login again.

As this problem persisted, I tried to:

• update the system to the newest 20H2 build.
  • changed my password several times and logged-out and back in via the browser several times.
  • enabled two-factor ahtentification through the microsoft authentificator app.
  • ran sfc /scannow via admin-cmd, everything looks fine here.
  • disabled my antivirus software (malwarebytes).
  • downgraded to a older windows 10 build.

Nothing worked. Now I am at my wits end and this thread is my last hope.
This is a big issue for me as I have bought apps through the
app-store and xbox-live that I have no access to anymore.

Notice:

•  The login to OneDrive via windows works fine, even after changing passwords several times.
  •  Access to my mails on my smartphone works fine too. So it's definetly a windows issue.
  • Trying to login after enabling microsoft authentifactor the following happens >> verification time window runs out immediatly after
    entering the password. Even before authentification-prompt pops up on the smartphone.
  • very rarely my system has random freezes and reboots without a warning or bluescreen (probably minor hardware issue)
  • I refreshed windows with a clean installation a few months ago

I too have the same issue.

This question was created on:

Created on April 20, 2021

Come on Microsoft, how long does it take, really?

Maybe get Bill to send over a few $million if you're short of support staff.

25 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I am having the same issue for about a month now. The system keeps asking me about my phone number. I accept the phone number listed that i am still the owner of the number. I, then, get an authentication request and the system moves on. It a little later i will get another request for the same thing on a different email account that i have. It is so weird.

12 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 18, 2024 Views 5,956 Applies to: