microsoft account is stuck on my local pc account.

I signed into my Microsoft account on my local pc account so that I could download some apps. Although my account is an adult account I am asked to get permission from an adult in my family to use applications such as chrome. this function does not work. I am now stuck with my Microsoft account signed into all of my apps and in my settings on my local pc account. it will not let me remove it. someone please help me get my pc back to normal where it is not in anyway associated with my Microsoft account.
Hi Dylan,

You can opt to switch back to local account instead by going to Settings>Accounts>Your Info
Then click on "Switch to local account instead"

Another way to go about this is by creating a new local user account instead.

By creating a new user profile, this is to refresh the overall configuration of the user profile to its default state.

1. Search for netplwiz on the start menu

2. Click on Add

3. Choose to sign in without a Microsoft account

4. Fill up the form and choose finish/done

5. Highlight the newly created user account from the user account/netplwiz window

6. Hit properties and set it as an administrator

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I am using my local account. my Microsoft account has linked itself to the local account and I don't have an option to remove it which is all I want to do. 

using my local account in settings it gives me the option to sign into a Microsoft account but im already signed into it but with my windows account. Im fairly sure that this shouldn't be possible but this is what has happened.

I have tried netplwiz and this only showed my local account.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Check whether there is an answer in...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hub/4294457/microsoft-account-help

Microsoft account help

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I set up a Microsoft family with myself and my two sons. It was working great. We went over to my parents and I added our Microsoft Family to their computer so my kids could have their own login without messing up my parents. Well somehow one of my sons Microsoft account got associated with my mom's local account. We've tried everything to get rid of it and can't. She has login restrictions now associated with her account.  This is beyond frustrating.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I set up a Microsoft family with myself and my two sons. It was working great. We went over to my parents and I added our Microsoft Family to their computer so my kids could have their own login without messing up my parents. Well somehow one of my sons Microsoft account got associated with my mom's local account. We've tried everything to get rid of it and can't. She has login restrictions now associated with her account.  This is beyond frustrating.

"Switch to local account instead"

Just wanted to add that this doesn't show up under my mom's account.  According to Windows she has a local account with no log on restrictions but somehow my son's Microsoft account is showing up under her account information. His outlook address I mean.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for your reply!  I'm hesitant to try that because it doesn't give me enough information.  For example, if I remove my son from our family group, what happens to his account?  Can I re-add him to our family right after?  What about his Windows profile on my computer and my wife's computer?  If I add him back to our family and he logs in, will it recognize his existing profile or is he going to have to start from scratch.  Tomorrow night I should have some time to remote into my mom's computer for more troubleshooting.  I have a feeling she is going to have to delete her user account and create a new one which is a shame.

Thanks!

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Nothing happens to his account. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027707

It's IN the second sentence: "The account will still exist, but it won't have the benefits or restrictions it had when it was within the family group."

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Nothing happens to his account. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027707

It's IN the second sentence: "The account will still exist, but it won't have the benefits or restrictions it had when it was within the family group."

Oh boy. Guess I missed that. Thanks 

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 22, 2024 Views 3,180 Applies to: