Microphone not showing, only stereo mix

So this started a couple days ago, my microphone driver simply just disappeared when i logged on. On the sound control panel it now only shows the stereo mix, which to point out that this is the first time i have seen this stereo mix on this pc show up, i dont have a need for a stereo mix. I tried downloading drivers for my microphone on my manufacturers web page and assist app, and nothing comes up, it just says everything is downloaded. Ive tried downloading the audio drivers on the realtek page, and when i download it and restart my pc, the stereo mix is still the only thing there. I tried troubleshooting my recording audio and it just says that my microphone needs to be setup. But when setting up on the control panel i need a microphone in the recording tab, but i dont have a microphone driver there. Ive tried deleting all the audio drivers and restarting my pc. Yesterday i did it and everything went back to normal, it showed my mic and headphones on the panel again, but then right after it fixed it, it showed a notification i needed to restart my pc to finish downloading the drivers and when i restarted it, it reverted back to just having the stereo mix. I have been fighting this and trying to find out what is wrong for the past week and at this point im beat and really frustrated. Someone got an idea what's going on?

|
I have the same problem

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

If you have a computer more than 3 years old, then you can try this Realtek 6.0.8874.1 driver from Microsoft Update Catalog. It does not show up in MUC searches, but the link still works. Download, unzip, copy/paste to new empty folder.

http://download.windowsupdate.com/c/msdownload/update/driver/drvs/2020/02/3f9c2012-9242-46c2-89ee-596a8b025dd0_7d60fcb8b77ac75cfad5140262ec5cd0fc809ffd.cab

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If you have a computer more than 3 years old, then you can try this Realtek 6.0.8874.1 driver from Microsoft Update Catalog. It does not show up in MUC searches, but the link still works. Download, unzip, copy/paste to new empty folder.

http://download.windowsupdate.com/c/msdownload/update/driver/drvs/2020/02/3f9c2012-9242-46c2-89ee-596a8b025dd0_7d60fcb8b77ac75cfad5140262ec5cd0fc809ffd.cab

This did not fix it, my PC is only about 8 months old

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

hello this also happened to me :( did this stereo mix thing appear after u updated your laptop? my laptop hasn't even been a 2 weeks old and this already happened. have u found the solution to this? i'm going to have online classes in less than a month and I need to have the microphone working :(

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 23, 2021 Views 783 Applies to: