merging rogers windows live mail account with yahoo account

My email program is Windows Live Mail.  Been using Rogers as an internet service provider.  Can't afford them anymore.  Switched to Bell.  Can't get emails in through Bell address because Rogers is still listed as an email provider even though they have cancelled me and taken the cable out.  Bell told me to call Rogers and ask them to take their name off as an email provider and the files and folders would stay as they are up in the Bell WLM page now.  Rogers tells me if they take their name off, every email (which my folders and drafts consist of) will disappear.  I can't tell you how mad this makes me.  As far as I am concerned, I paid for those emails and they belong to me now, but Rogers is playing hardball.  They told me the only thing I could do is merge the Rogers with a Yahoo account, then the emails/folders/drafts/contacts would be in Yahoo and wouldn't be affected when I take them off as an email provider.  He said it was a simple process, we went through it and the only thing that got transferred was what was in the inbox at the Rogers site, nothing that was in my folders in WLM.  The guy didn't know what to do further so said he was turning it over to the engineering department.  That was on Wed.  I called last night and was told they are still working on it.  I get the feeling they are just jerking me around.  Does anyone know if this can be done without them, as they don't seem to want to help at all.  Any advice would be appreciated.  I tried the import thing with Yahoo but they don't list WLM as a place you can import from, just places like other Yahoo addresses, Google, etc.  Thanks if anyone can help.

I also read something about backing them up on Microsoft but don't know how to go about that.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I just posed the question about merging my Rogers WLM account with Yahoo and realized I can't receive emails at that account and can't figure out how to change my email so here it is:

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

You have to back up the old mail in a form which can be read ..

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/mail-import-backup-restore

When you have the backed up files into a format readable by Yahoo, THEN you can import them..

Windows 10 Pro - Start10 - part of a local network which is a '3rd party optimizer-free' zone..

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok, I think I have it figured out how to export to Microsoft Windows Live Mail, thank you very much, but where do I find Microsoft Windows Live Mail?  I can't find it anywhere on my computer, or is it kept at Microsoft?

I don't want to export to another Windows Live Mail account, I want to export to Yahoo.  I can't find anywhere on Yahoo where you can import from Microsoft Windows Live Mail or from anywhere for that matter. Can you help with that?

Thank you so much.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If you can't find Windows Live Mail on your computer, what makes you think that you are using it to get and send email?

If you access your mail via Rogers webpage, you are NOT using WLM. Windows Live Mail is a mail client which first has to be downloaded, installed and then set up with mail accounts.

So, how did you access Rogers mail? If it was from the link on the Rogers home page, and you never used Windows Live Mail, it is game over.

The same applies to Bell mail. Do you access Bell mail from the Bell homepage?

Windows 10 Pro - Start10 - part of a local network which is a '3rd party optimizer-free' zone..

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi.  thanks for answering but you misunderstand.  The instructions were to export from WLM to Microsoft Windows Live Mail which I did with one folder but then didn't know where to find it to import it into Yahoo.  Of course I know where my WLM is!  It is where I exported the folder to, MICROSOFT Windows Live Mail.  I mean it must be somewhere different than my WLM program I've been using because it is exported, right?  If I am exporting FROM WLM, I must be exporting TO somewhere other than the same folder.  Do you understand now?  I thought that was a place on the web, not in my computer since it was essentially creating a backup for me to import into another program.

However I wondered if that might just come up in the dialog when I was importing into Yahoo mail but I can't find anywhere on Yahoo mail to import.

I hope you understand what I am saying. If I am exporting from WLM, which I am, where are they going to? I thought when it said Microsoft Windows Live Mail that meant it was on the web, as I can't find any listing like that on my computer.  I hope you understand now.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yahoo doesn't let you import email into it, so this can't be done.

You can import into an email program like Windows Live Mail, Thunderbird, Office Outlook 2013, and so on.

Shawn "Cmdr" Keene | Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider | CmdrKeene.com | tweet: @CmdrKeene
Microsoft MVPs are independent experts offering real-world answers. Learn more at mvp.microsoft.com.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Oh heck.  Ok, I have an Outlook account. I will try that.  I managed to figure out how to export to a file on my desktop (one of the things I read said to do that) so I will go and check out Outlook and see if it looks good for importing.

Should I have exported it somewhere else other than to a file on desktop?

The thing is that I can't export to my new Bell WLM because all the Rogers files are already there and as soon as I remove Rogers as an email supplier, they will disappear.  That's why I wanted to store them somewhere else.  I have Bell as my default there but they can't get any messages in because of Rogers still being there.

Could be I will end up just copying and pasting into a new email to myself in Yahoo or Outlook just so I have the info somewhere and don't lose it.

Thanks again.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If you are using Outlook.com and that is where your Rogers account is, you set up the Bell account in Outlook.com and then drag the Rogers mail folders into the Bell part.

If you are using Microsoft Outlook, the installed mail client, set up the Bell account in it and again just drag the Rogers mail folders into it..

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

No, my Rogers account was with Windows Live Mail. My new Bell account is with Windows Live Mail.  It is frozen until I delete Rogers as an email supplier and when I do that, all of my stuff will be gone.

I started copying and pasting into Yahoo emails to myself, just important stuff like contact numbers that existed in emails, important urls etc.  Got to the L's in my folder and then Yahoo asked me to sign in again as there was a "glitch" they said.  Then they wouldn't accept my password.  That was yesterday afternoon.   Was on hold for 6 hours last night and about the same so far today, got cut off and started all over again.  I don't know if they ever answer that phone or not, I don't see why you can't reset your password by computer.  This is crippling.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If you added what they call "proofs" to your account, you can usually reset it from the computer. A proof is another factor of authentication, like giving the provider your phone number. If they can text you there, they know you are who you say you are, and they use that proof to reset your password.

Shawn "Cmdr" Keene | Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider | CmdrKeene.com | tweet: @CmdrKeene
Microsoft MVPs are independent experts offering real-world answers. Learn more at mvp.microsoft.com.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 27, 2018 Views 846 Applies to: