Menu fonts too small

I just updated Windows 10 over night....(today is May 11) I don't see well and need to increase the size of the fonts on the menu's and drop down's etc....Prior to the update that was rather easy and simple on the display setting screen in Control Panel .....but that has disappeared with the new update.  

I have spent the last hour or so looking in the settings for those adjustments to no avail....I need to know exactly where those adjustments are located,  the instruction  need to be simple and step by step. 

thanks

Hello Paul,

You may change the size of text, apps, and other items in Display Settings.

Here's how:

1. Right-click on a blank space on the desktop.
  2. On the pop-up menu, select Display settings.

3. Under the Change the size of text, apps, and other items, drag the bar to your preferred size.

Changes made will automatically be effective.

Should you need any further help, do get back to us. We are more than glad to assist you.

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

First of all the screen above is not like the one that I have I do not have the slide all I have is a drop down menu that increases the size to 125%

When that happens everything increases in size including Icons on the desktop. which is not what I want to do.  

I want to do the same settings as prior to the update....where I could change the font size for menu's and other similar items, and also have the menu items be in "bold" type....This way the menu items are much easier to read.....Where did those adjustments do?  If eliminated why were they?   

22 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The Change only the text size option was turned off in Windows 10 Creators Update. Unfortunately, the setting was not supported throughout the entire system. For example, it didn’t work with the Start menu, Cortana, Edge and some applications.

For an alternative method of changing your text size, you can use the Scale and layout options within Settings > Display. Use the dropdown under Change the size of text, apps, and other items to make things bigger or smaller.

If you’d prefer your text, apps, and other items to be even bigger or smaller, click the Custom scaling feature to go outside the ranges that Windows recommends for your hardware’s screen size and resolution.

If the text looks fuzzy or blurry when you use custom scaling, this might happen if the custom size is not set to a 25% increment. For example, if your custom scaling is set to 157%, try changing it to 150% or 175%.

Note: Microsoft recommends keeping your display resolution set to the “recommended” value. If you use custom scaling to go outside the range that Windows recommends, some text, apps, and other items may become unreadable. If you’re not able to read the screen well enough to restore your display settings, try starting Narrator by pressing the Windows logo key + Enter. Then press Tab to navigate through the interface until you find the right option for restoring your display settings.

You can find more information at Making Windows easier to see.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Well your answer is totally unacceptable.....take away a setting that is useful under the excuse that it is not supported on just a few applications makes no  sense 

I for one would like to submit a complaint regarding this change and request that it be reinstated in the next windows update as soon as possible 

62 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

There is a registry hack that will allow you to change the text size - Have a look at this article - Click HERE

If you are not comfortable editing your registry, there is a Free app Winaero Tweaker that will do it for you

If you visit that page, scroll down to this section to download the app

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I used your editor and it worked great....only issue was that I had to restart the device a couple times for the changes to take effect....

thanks

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Glad to help, if you have any more questions, please contact us here at MS Community!

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This really is rubbish.. Not you personally of course but removing a very handy feature instead of finding a way to make it work.. Ok so it does not work in certain apps. Find a way to make it work or exclude those apps from being affected by the increased text size. You're one of the biggest tech & software companies, pretty sure someone can figure it out. Making EVERYTHING bigger is not an acceptable solution when you need all the screen real estate you can get.

I will use the registry hack but I should not have to.

Kind rgeards

34 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 25, 2024 Views 17,352 Applies to: