memory management bsod

Hi!

I've recently upgraded some parts of my PC! Eversince the first windows install i get MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD. When i removed a certain ram modul it seemed to work fine. But after couple of hours it still gives me the same error.

When i remove one of the 8 gb moduls i constatnly get the above BSOD just after windows boot. The other one works for hours but prone to fail with the same BSOD.
I ran windows memory diagnostic: no error
Ran Memtest86 twice for 4 hour : no error (changed the slots for the second run)
chkdsk : no error
HDD sentinel sais 100/100 on all three HDD
I've even rebuild the old PC just to test the rams but gave no error on memory diagnostic. Ran a couple of hours without an issue.

Also if i insert a ram on DIMMB2 slot it always give me a metallic scrachy sound.
Dont know if its related or if its a problem at all. It certainly doesnt sound right to me. Never heard anything like it. I can still replace tha mobo. Not sure if i should do that.

Thank you for the help. I have no idea what to do now.

Anyway here are the minidumps from 4 boot up:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqV_xJ4aUMzgjSGfV7GF8JUPmTPi?e=HURQsO

Hi Mr,
I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 3 year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

All the crashes point to memory corruption. You say you ran memtest for 4 hours - do you remember how many passes were complete?

Please update BIOS as a first step:
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/MAG-B55...

Disclaimer:
This is a non-Microsoft website which would provide accurate and safe information. Watch out for ads on the site which are frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). There is no need to buy paid products to fix your computers as they do more harm than good sometimes.
Sumit

Always include PC Specs, Make and Model of the device. Ensure all the latest quality updates have been installed. It may take multiple replies to reach a satisfactory answer.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi! 

Thank you for helping me!

I ran memtest twice. It passed all 13 tests.

Bios update didn't help. 

Gave me the same bsod after boot.

And 2 new ones as well:

-Kmode exception not handled  

clipsp.sys

-driver irql no less or equal 

Rt640*64.sys.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks. Please continue to share the minidump files.

Check for updates on the Realtek Ethernet driver. You may reinstall if no new updates are available.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

The next step,
Let us try finding any misbehaving driver
Enable Driver Verifier:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...
(Must create a Restore point before)

Upload the newer dumps when you get Driver_Verifier_detected_voilation.

Please note that the system might crash before you reach the desktop-if it does please let us know so that we can guide you to disable Verifier.
Sumit

Always include PC Specs, Make and Model of the device. Ensure all the latest quality updates have been installed. It may take multiple replies to reach a satisfactory answer.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I ran the verifier. 
At first it faild everytime with:

driver verifier iomanager violation  with the hidclass.sys driver 

After i uninstalled mouse, keyboard gaming softwer and msi dragon center it stoped giving me this error. 

Verifier is still runinng (for couple of hours now) but didnt gave me anykind of bsod so far.  
Although  i took out the ram modul witch i think is causing  the memory management bsod.  

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Keep us posted. You may need to run a memory test (memtest86) to find out the faulty stick.
Sumit

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Rerun memtest with just the 16 gb kit. Still no error. 
Rerun it with 8 gb and 16 gb kit. Still no error. 

Althought first time i inserted the 16gb kit it gave me a bsod. But after reboot it seems to work fine with all 4 ram modul i got. 
Anyway i bought a new pair of ram and it seems to work properly. No error so far.

Could the problem be that in this practicular mobo the 2 ram kits somehow couldnt manage to work together?

Despite that fact that it worked flawlessly for years in the previous pc? 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, there is always a compatibility factor. Although motherboard manufacturers only recommend installing Memory Sticks that they list compatible on the website, but still most of them work and some don't play nice. I guess the earlier ones were incompatible.

If you have any questions please ask.
Sumit

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 30, 2021 Views 146 Applies to: