Memory diagnostic rendered windows unusable.

After using the memory diagnostic from windows, my system rebooted with a messed up OS.   First thing, my pin to log in wasn’t found,  it took my password.  After that I tried to open setup to fix pin issue, but setup will not open!  File explorer doesnt open, and wi-fi adaptor was not recognized.  After about an hour of trying to troubeshoot, decided to use a bootable usb and reistall / repair windows.   Troubleshoot/ repair and keep files doesnt work.  Is there any solution to repair windows keeping files and software?
Hi, JorgeFerreira1113
How are you? Welcome to the Microsoft community!
My name is Juliana, I'm an independent advisor, I'm here to help you in the best possible way.

Credits: A. User

1. Click on the Win + Q keys and type CMD

2. Right-click on CMD and select the option Run as Administrator;

3. Paste the commands below and press Enter:

REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ Image File Execution Options \ MdSched.exe" / V Debugger / T REG_SZ / D "C: \ Windows \ System32 \ MdSched.exe" / F [Press Enter]

REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ Image File Execution Options \ MdRes.exe" / V Debugger / T REG_SZ / D "C: \ Windows \ System32 \ MdRes.exe" / F [Press Enter]

4. When the operation is successfully completed, restart the system.

I await news, hugs!

Credits: A. User

11 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 9, 2021 Views 21 Applies to: