McAfee total protection

I brought a new laptop from Pc World/Currys it was installed with windows 8. When i got home and loaded McAfee total protection 2013 it was working now that windows has updated to windows 10 i keep getting the message that windows does not support McAfee total protection 2013 so i can't update or use McAfee. Is there any way i can get this downloaded so  i can have protection when online.

Hi Gary,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Sorry to know that you that you are facing this issue.

Windows 10 is safer and more secure thanks to Windows Defender and Windows Firewall. When you start up Windows 10 for the first time, Windows Defender is on and working to protect your PC by scanning for malicious software.

Windows Defender uses real-time protection to scan everything you download or run on your PC. Windows Firewall filters info coming into your PC from the Internet, blocking potentially harmful programs.

I would like to let you know that Windows Defender is included with Windows and helps protect your PC against malware (malicious software). Malware consists of viruses, spyware, and other potentially unwanted software. Malware can infect your PC without your knowledge: it might install itself from an email message, when you connect to the Internet, or when you install certain apps using a USB flash drive, CD, DVD, or other removable media. Some malware can also be programmed to run at unexpected times, not only when it's installed.

Article for reference.

Protect your PC: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-protect-your-pc

Keep us informed to help you further.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 15, 2019 Views 197 Applies to: