Malicious Software Removal Tool 64-Bit for Win 7

I believe that this tool conflicts with my Norton Security Anti Virus software causing my computer to shut down. How can I uninstall the original update installation? Two subsequent update attempts have failed and issued FFF error codes.

I believe that this tool conflicts with my Norton Security Anti Virus software

You are mistaken.

Please restart your computer and allow 20 minutes for the system to run before uploading information. When examining Event Viewer log files many, not all, problems show in the period immediately after the computer has been booted.

Please provide a copy of your System Information file. Type System Information in the Search Box above the start Button and press the ENTER key (alternative is Select Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, System Information). Select File, Export and give the file a name noting where it is located. Do not place the cursor within the body of the report before exporting the file. The system creates a new System Information file each time system information is accessed. You need to allow a minute or two for the file to be fully populated before exporting a copy. Please upload the file to your OneDrive, share with everyone and post a link here. Reports in normal mode preferred. Please say if the report has been obtained in safe mode. If the report is in a language other than English, please state the language.

Please upload and share with everyone a fresh copy of your System log from your Event Viewer to your One Drive and post a link here. It helps to avoid confusion if you remove any earlier copies of the log files from your OneDrive.

To access the System log select Start, Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Event Viewer, from the list in the left side of the window expand Windows Logs and select System. Place the cursor on System, select Action from the Menu and Save All Events as (the default evtx file type) and give the file a name. Do not provide filtered files. Do not place the cursor in the list of reports before selecting Action from the menu. Do not clear logs whilst you have a continuing problem.

For help with OneDrive see paragraph 9.3:
http://www.gerryscomputertips.co.uk/MicrosoftCommunity1.htm

Gerry
Stourport-on-Severn, Worcestershire, England
Enquire Plan Execute

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 14, 2018 Views 232 Applies to: