malayalam font problems

In windows 10 default malayalam language font is "Karthika" . But we can't type the malayalam letter "ന്റ" (nta) in windows, M S Word, google chrome and other applications. It shows as ൻറ..  or ന് റ . the correct format is ന്റ.  Pls suggest a solution to type the letter ന്റ ?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

It is very unusual that you are unable to type the Malayalam letter “ന്റ correctly on your computer. However, I have tried to reproduce the same on my computer and I was able to type the letter correctly.

The key combination I used as v, d, Shift+J

Below are the screenshots for Notepad, Word and Windows. You can refer the Malayalam Keyboard Layout from the screenshots:

We would suggest you to try using the On-screen keyboard and see if you are able to type the letter correctly. If you still face issues, you may want to try removing the language and adding it back. Refer the steps mentioned below to remove and re-add the language:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open Settings.

2. Click on Time & Language and select Language on the left pane.

3. Click on the Malayalam language pack and select Remove.

4. Once the language is removed, click on Add a language and re-add the language.  

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

16 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

The letter you are typed with ur reply is still not correct. Pls refer the image attached with this reply . and suggest how to type the letter "nte" ന്റ like the image attached. The image attached is the correct letter we used in Malayalam language.

106 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 6, 2024 Views 26,249 Applies to: