This update was installed 2 nights ago. Since then my computer is extremely slow and my external hard drive will not work. I click on something and several seconds to a minute goes by before anythinng happens. I tried to close apps using The Task Manager
and got a black screen that i couldnt get out of unless I did a hard reset. I tried to uninstall kb4559309 but Windows does not allow the uninstall option. I appreciate any help to fix this.
My name is Rhaine, I'm Independent Community Volunteer . I’m so glad assisting you today
I am also Windows user. Let us work together to sort this out.
Install the updated Intel Chipset Device Software or Intel Server Chipset Driver from Windows Update:
a. Open Device Manager, and then click Start > Control Panel > Device Manager.
b. Select View > Devices by Type.
c. Expand System Devices.
d. Double-click the Intel chipset device from the list.
e. Select the Driver tab.
f. Click Update Driver.
Once done perform Clean Boot
This process will eliminate 3rd party application running in the background of your computer along with services that are not needed to run windows. If there's any conflicting 3rd party application that causes the issue on your computer, this process will stop
1. Open the run box by pressing the Windows Key + R and type msconfig
2. System Configuration Utility box will open and by default you are on general tab.
3. On the General tab, click the selective startup and make sure that load system service and load startup items both have checked mark.
4. Click on services tab
5. Put a check mark on Hide All Microsoft Services > This is a very important part as if you miss to click on this, computer might not boot properly or permanently and will end up on clean installation.
6. Once Hide all Microsoft Services have checked mark on it, click on Disable All
7. Click on the Startup Tab and click open task manager. This will open another window which contains all your startup applications on the administrator account.
8. Disable all application that you're not using. You can simply just click on them and select disable.
9. Click OK , Apply and close the configuration utility
10. Restart your pc and check how it goes
If still doesn't work, Please try to Perform a System Restore on an earlier date which everything was still working properly.
Search for Create a restore point, and click the top result to open the System Properties experience.
Click the System Restore button.
Choose a different restore point. Click the Next button.
Select the restore point that you want to use on your computer. You can check the box "Show more restore points"
Click Next then Finish.
I hope the steps above helps. Have a nice day ahead and be safe. Please let me know how it goes.
With Warm Regards
1 person was helped by this reply
Did this solve your problem?
Sorry this didn't help.
Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.
How satisfied are you with this reply?
Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.