Lumens DC-160 document camera driver probblems

I have a Lumens DC-160 document camera. I have not used it for a while, and not used it on Windows 10. When I plug it into my Windows 10 machine, I get the little message saying Windows is looking for a driver for it, but it fails to find one.

When I look for the device in the Device Manager, I can find an unknown device, and if I look at its properties, I see USB\VID_04FC&PID_0503, which as far as I can tell are the correct vendor ID and product ID -- but whether I try to install a driver through the Device Manager or some other route, Windows just does not seem to have a driver for it. I have tried to find one on the Lumens website, but they have the Ladibug software to interface with the camera, and some DLLs, but no actual inf/sys files that look like drivers. Installing the Ladibug software does not help because Windows does not recognise the device and the software sees nothing to connect to.

Any help is welcome!

Update

The Ladibug 1 software includes the drivers that let you use this camera in Windows 7. If you mess around, you can use them on Win 10, but you have to be prepared to install unsigned drivers.

You may need to ask the company if it is compatible with Windows 10. It sounds like you have tried the correct steps but if they don't provide software/drivers for the hardware then Windows 10 cannot use it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello there, my name is Lee,
I tried to look for a driver online that is compatible for Windows 10 and unfortunately even on the Lumens website they don't have any, With regards to the hardware ID you saw in the device manager, it looks like it is for a USB (look at this link: http://www.yourpcdrivers.com/drivers/usb-device...).

You may want to contact the manufacturer (Lumens) to check if they can provide you a driver that is compatible for Windows 10.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Sincerely,
Lee L.

------------------------------
Note: This reply contains a non-Microsoft website Link. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The Ladibug 1 software includes the drivers that let you use this camera in Windows 7. If you mess around, you can use them on Win 10, but you have to be prepared to install unsigned drivers.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 26, 2023 Views 1,686 Applies to: