Looking for battery meter on sign-in screen

Is it too much to ask that I should know my battery level without having to enter my password?  Is there a way to have the battery level show as soon as my tablet wakes up?  
Thanks
Rich9Wilson

Hi Rich,

For a better understanding of the issue, I would need more information from your end.

1.      What is the make and model of the Tablet?

2.      Doesn't the Lock Screen display the Network and Battery icon?

3.      Do you want the Battery Icon to display on the Lock screen or the user account log in screen?

Laptop and Tablet devices are known to display both battery and network icons on the lock screen by default. Please provide the necessary information to assist you further, I will be glad to help you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Why can't I see the battery meter?

You can't see the battery meter on PCs that support InstantGo. With InstantGo, your PC wakes up instantly from sleep with your apps and data up to date.

Battery: Frequently asked questions
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-AU/windows-8/battery-meter-frequently-asked-questions

What is the fastest way to see battery level in Windows 8 Surface tablet via touch?
http://superuser.com/questions/495260/what-is-the-fastest-way-to-see-battery-level-in-windows-8-surface-tablet-via-tou

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for replying.

My tablet is a Samsung XE500T1C with Intel Atom processor.

I have set my system so that after sleep, a password must be entered.  (This only seems to work when the tablet has been asleep for several minutes, however:  if I wake it within a few minutes, I immediately arrive at either the desktop or the start screen., but that is another issue.)  The screen where I enter my password has the power control icon (1 inside 0), the network icon, the ease of access icon, my picture, name, MS Acct. email address, and place to enter my password and an arrow to go to the user account log in screen, if someone else wants to log in.  The battery monitor shows in the lower right corner of my desktop with other chosen indicators, bur not on the lock screen.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Rich,

Thank you for the reply.

The battery status will be shown on the lock screen and not on the login screen. You may check the battery level before you slide up the lock screen, on the lock screen a battery indicator is located for the user to check the battery level.

Hope this information helps. If you need any further assistance or information on this issue, reply back to this post. I will be glad to help you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am not seeing the meter anywhere except the desktop.  I was hoping there was a setting somewhere that I had missed....

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 15, 2024 Views 1,251 Applies to: