logmein123

I  was having an issue with Internet explorer not opening. So i logged into Microsoft to resolve the issue. I used PC Cleaner Pro to check my system. There were multiple errors with my system. When I contacted the number for support with PC Cleaner Pro, I was directed to Logmein1234.com . and was instructed to let them inspect my system. I was told that i had corrupt files in my Windows Registry. I was then prompted to give them $305.00 to allow them to contact Microsoft to have it repaired. During all of the 40 minutes that we were on the phone, there was a window where their technician was on my computer. I was told I would receive security software for 10 years for my computer. I told them I was not interested. There technician window still pops up on my computer every time  I start my computer. So I called them back to have this removed. A second technician logged into my pc and he was unable to fix the problem. Now the issue I have is that there are now two windows that pop up on the start of my computer ,one from each of the technicians that was working on my issue. I was told that they did not know how to fix the windows from poping up. I now have to right click on all of my desktop icons and go to open to get them to open. Internet Explorer still does not open it just flashes a blank page and goes away. I run a business and have installed QuickBooks which uses Internet Explorer to run and I can no longer access my QuickBooks. I registered with QuickBooks for support, but guess what, they cannot help me either. If anyone has any options for me please let me know. Thank you.
I  was having an issue with Internet explorer not opening. So i logged into Microsoft to resolve the issue. I used PC Cleaner Pro to check my system. There were multiple errors with my system. When I contacted the number for support with PC Cleaner Pro, I was directed to Logmein1234.com . and was instructed to let them inspect my system. I was told that i had corrupt files in my Windows Registry. I was then prompted to give them $305.00 to allow them to contact Microsoft to have it repaired. During all of the 40 minutes that we were on the phone, there was a window where their technician was on my computer. I was told I would receive security software for 10 years for my computer. I told them I was not interested. There technician window still pops up on my computer every time  I start my computer. So I called them back to have this removed. A second technician logged into my pc and he was unable to fix the problem. Now the issue I have is that there are now two windows that pop up on the start of my computer ,one from each of the technicians that was working on my issue. I was told that they did not know how to fix the windows from poping up. I now have to right click on all of my desktop icons and go to open to get them to open. Internet Explorer still does not open it just flashes a blank page and goes away. I run a business and have installed QuickBooks which uses Internet Explorer to run and I can no longer access my QuickBooks. I registered with QuickBooks for support, but guess what, they cannot help me either. If anyone has any options for me please let me know. Thank you.

Contact all financial institutions and warn them your accounts may have been compromised.  Change all online and offline passwords.  Format your system and install from scratch with all new credentials.
.-
Shenan Stanley
MVP 2005-2011 & 2013-2015
Insider MVP 2016-
.-

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

What does, "So i logged into Microsoft to resolve the issue." mean?
.-
Shenan Stanley
MVP 2005-2011 & 2013-2015
Insider MVP 2016-
.-

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 23, 2017 Views 105 Applies to: