Logmein123 Scam: Fake Microsoft Technician

Just about 20 minutes ago I had a 30 or 40 minute phone call with some guy with an Indian accent claiming every single computer connected to my internet was going to crash in two days. I told him my computer didn't even have the PSU in it but he said it happened due to hackers. I kept asking him questions about this suspicious call and he said that I need to turn on my computer to see the virus "right infront of you're very own eyes." So I told him that microsoft from texas wouldn't call me here in Utah but he just kept going on about hackers. He matched my CSL Code with the one he showed me and I made him give me his name, Ryan Mosses, also his supposed microsoft I.D. is ms1097. As me being dumb today he told me to download logmein123 at this site. www.support.me he said that this was microsoft corp. so I downloaded using this code 449714. Because I build computers its in my nature to be suspicious about all technicians, so I wrote everything down. He said that my software warranty expired and he remote controlled the computer using cmd scans. At first when he started up logmein123, it said you have now established connection with support assistant Sam Pollard, though he just said his name was Ryan Mosses. The first scan showed that 20 hackers successfully hacked my computer and that 4 did not, Now this is my mothers laptop and her O.S. Windows 7 just crashed days before, so her I.T. guy put in a fresh install with a backup HDD and a new HDD. He said that it expired anyway and if I don't let him fix it, it will crash in 2 days and I will never ever get to use it again. In the middle of the call he said that there are 3 plans, 2 year which is $130, a 5 year plan which was $199 and a lifetime plan, which he spelled lyftime, which is $360, yet only lasts 15 years. Then he restarted the computer and said that he will call tomorrow and if I'm not there to fix it, the grayspeed which I have NEVER heard of before which he said was like the warranty shutdown, crash computer thingy will happen.
I have seen lots of forums on this, but this one seemed very odd, I was wondering if I should be worried about him have been in my computer, also how do I uninstall logmein123? its not on the uninstall programs page. Any help is welcome thanks.
Answer
Answer
I'm afraid you fell for a popular scam. Your best bet is to back up your data, then perform a destructive Factory Restore. Alternatively you could have the machine checked out by a competent technician.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 26, 2019 Views 1,611 Applies to: