Logitech wireless USB mouse M185 and keyboard don't work after Windows10 update

Hi, my wireless logitech mouse (M185) and keyboard (K270) do not work anymore after a massive Windows10 automatic update yesterday (KB4557957, 4552925, 4561600). It worked great before. Batteries, etc. are fine, I tried restart, tested dongle with different usb ports. Nothing works. Please could anyone from the windows team help? I need the mouse and keyboard to get on with my work...

Ok - I solved the mystery... The USB ports were apparently disabled after the update, and none of my USB devices worked. I enabled the USB controller in the device manager, and now it works again...

Thank you,

Andreas

|
Hello Andreas,

I'm John an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. I want to apologize if you encountered this issue. I understand you have a problem with USB mouse and keyboard won't work after Windows 10 update.

Press Start then search Device Manager
Expand Keyboards and Mouse
Look for your device then right click > Uninstall device
ALT + A > Scan for hardware changes or Restart your PC

Press Start then search Settings
Select Update and Security > View update history
Click Uninstall Updates
Under Microsoft Windows, Select the most recent updates then Click Uninstall
Wait for the updates to uninstall then Restart your PC

You can try to check this article for other methods in Uninstalling updates manually
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft...

If it doesn't work, Please try to Perform a System Restore on an earlier date which everything was still working properly.

Press Start
Search for Create a restore point, and click the top result to open the System Properties experience.
Click the System Restore button.
Choose a different restore point. Click the Next button.
Select the restore point that you want to use on your computer. You can check the box "Show more restore points"
Click Next then Finish

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further concerns.

Sincerely

John DeV
Independent Advisor

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks John, it looks like I finally solved the mystery... The USB ports were apparently disabled after the update, and none of my USB devices worked. I enabled the USB controller in the device manager, and now it works again...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Andreas,

Great, I am happy the issue was already resolved. You're welcome. Stay safe and have a great day.

Sincerely

John DeV
Independent Advisor

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

My Logitec M355 was intermittently freezing after the update and I fixed it by disabling the power saving for the USB controllers in device manager. I didn't think of that until I read this since my Bluetooth mouse doesn't even use a USB dongle. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 2, 2021 Views 2,056 Applies to: