Logitech Wireless Keyboard is going absolutely mental

So I have a Logitech wireless keyboard + mouse combo. Both go to the same receiver. These have worked perfectly for a long time now but all of a sudden the keyboard is going berserk. Anytime I try to type anything, it does completely random things like tab actions or in the case of hitting backspace, deleting and then immediately typing a 5, then putting my laptop in sleep mode. No joke, this is seriously happening to me. The mouse works with no issues at all and I have currently tried any other methods I could think of unless there is something important I have missed.

I will greatly appreciate any and all help.

Hi KyoshiiTheBrony,

My name is Darren; an Independent Consultant, I'm here to help you with your problem.

Firstly, please try running the troubleshooter:
Go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Select troubleshoot tab > under "Find and fix other problems", click on keyboard > click on run the troubleshooter and follow on-screen directions.

Next, you can try updating the keyboard driver to solve your issue:
Go to Start > Type "Device Manager" and hit enter > right click on your keyboard driver and select update driver > Click on "Search automatically for updated driver software" to ensure that you have the latest driver.

If this issue started occurring after a recent windows update, you can try roll back driver:
Go to Start > Type "Device Manager" and hit enter > right click on your keyboard driver > select properties > select driver tab > click roll back driver

If roll back driver isn’t available or did not work, you can try uninstall your keyboard driver and scan for hardware changes:
Go to Start > Type "Device Manager" and hit enter > right click on your keyboard driver > select properties > select driver tab > click on uninstall device > select "Delete the driver software for this device" and click OK > In Device Manager, on the Action menu, select Scan for hardware changes > Wait for it to scan and reinstall the driver then restart your pc and check if the issue still persists.

You can also refer to the following link and try out Microsoft's troubleshooting solutions:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17417/...

Also, go to Start > Type "Windows Update Settings" hit enter > Click on "Check for updates" to ensure you have installed the latest windows update.

Restart your computer and check if the problem still persists.

However, if the issue still persists, try run the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833...

I hope this helps. If this is not exactly what you need, please explain more so that I can help you better.

Thanks

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi KyoshiiTheBrony,

My name is Darren; an Independent Consultant, I'm here to help you with your problem.

Firstly, please try running the troubleshooter:
Go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Select troubleshoot tab > under "Find and fix other problems", click on keyboard > click on run the troubleshooter and follow on-screen directions.

Next, you can try updating the keyboard driver to solve your issue:
Go to Start > Type "Device Manager" and hit enter > right click on your keyboard driver and select update driver > Click on "Search automatically for updated driver software" to ensure that you have the latest driver.

If this issue started occurring after a recent windows update, you can try roll back driver:
Go to Start > Type "Device Manager" and hit enter > right click on your keyboard driver > select properties > select driver tab > click roll back driver

If roll back driver isn’t available or did not work, you can try uninstall your keyboard driver and scan for hardware changes:
Go to Start > Type "Device Manager" and hit enter > right click on your keyboard driver > select properties > select driver tab > click on uninstall device > select "Delete the driver software for this device" and click OK > In Device Manager, on the Action menu, select Scan for hardware changes > Wait for it to scan and reinstall the driver then restart your pc and check if the issue still persists.

You can also refer to the following link and try out Microsoft's troubleshooting solutions:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17417/...

Also, go to Start > Type "Windows Update Settings" hit enter > Click on "Check for updates" to ensure you have installed the latest windows update.

Restart your computer and check if the problem still persists.

However, if the issue still persists, try run the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833...

I hope this helps. If this is not exactly what you need, please explain more so that I can help you better.

Thanks

Sadly none of this has helped. Only one I haven't seen the results of are the file system checker but I dont see how that could possibly be the issue. 

Basically, my wireless keyboard is going haywire. Certain keys do something they are not supposed to when pressed or are recognized as entirely different keys. The 'D' key for example is somehow being recognized as F7. That's the kind of issues I am having. It possibly could be a keyboard issue only but it was working just fine yesterday. At this point i am not sure what to do other than buying a new one hoping that fixes the issue. 

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Assuming you already tried new batteries, it certainly sounds like the keyboard has gone bad, or has debris/crumbs in between the keys causing key shorts to occur.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello, I’m Virginia an independent advisor with 20 years of expertise in fixing my own & friends’ PC problems.
Which Windows version are you running - 1903, 1909 Or 2004?

Have you checked the batteries to see if they need replacing/charging?
Are you using SEtPoint or Logitech Options?
What’s the model of the keyboard & mouse?
Have you tried turning the keyboard off & on?
Have you uninstalled the keyboard via the unifying software & set it up again?
Have you reset the keyboard to defaults via SetPoint/Logitech options?
Virginia - Time Lady.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 18, 2024 Views 29,736 Applies to: