In answer to
which has been locked without any meaningful reply, I want to share what helped me with that particular problem
(c920 video working fine, but no audio from webcam mic on Windows 10 OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OS Version: 10.0.17134 N/A Build 17134)
what i tried before:
- plugging/unplugging device from/to different USB ports
- uninstalling CAMERA driver, then restarting
- unsinstalling LWS software
- unticking Skype's Autmoatic mic volume control
- ticking all permissions for Camera and Microphone in Privacy settings
going to device manager - > audio inputs and outputs -> Microphone (HD PRO c920 Webcam) and UNINSTALLING it (Uninstall device...) and the restarting the PC
after the restart Webcams audio miraculously came back!
I will try to reinstall LWS and see if it has any influence, will keep you posted
Hope this helps somebody.