Login page for guest networks will not load.

When I try to connect to a public/guest network (i.e. Starbucks or hotel wifi) I connect to it, then Microsoft edge pops up and try's to load the login page so I can get internet access, but it just continues to load and stays on a blank screen forever and I can never get internet access because I can't login. I know the login page works because I can login on my phone.  I tried disabling firewalls and sercurity programs but that didn't work. Any other ideas and suggestions would be really helpful. Thanks in advance!

Hi,

For us to assist you on your concern, have you tried using a different browser in logging in to the guest network? Also, try to clear out the browser's cache and try to connect again.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I have tried different browsers and that didn't work. When I connect to a guest network again I will try to clear the browsers cache to see if that works, but if that doesn't what would you suggest next?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Have you tried to disable any pop-up blocker for the browsers that you have used? Also, what antivirus software are you using? Do you have Windows defender or Microsoft Security Essentials? Have you tried to turn them off as well and see if it helps?

Regards.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I've tried everything you suggested and the login page still will not load. To answer your question, windows defender is active and I am also using trend micro security. I've disabled both of those when connecting and still unsussessful.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Understood. For real time assistance, we suggest that you contact our Answer Desk.

Regards.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2024 Views 1,664 Applies to: