login error: uuid is not supported.

OP: login error.

When i power on the system i could not logon the error message is 

Group policy client service failed the sign in  
the universal unique identifier (uuid) type is not supported

I am running with Windows 8

Hi SreeKanth341,

Thank you for asking the question in Microsoft Community Forum!

I would appreciate if you answer this question:

1.      Is the computer connected to Domain Network?

Incase the computer is connected to Domain network; I would suggest you to post the issue on the Windows 8 IT PRO Forum TechNet.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/w8itpro

If the computer is not connected to Domain Network, Then this error could be result of Corrupted User Profile.

I would suggest you to boot the computer in Safe Mode using the Windows 8 DVD/ installation Media and then create a new local Administrator account.

Reference:
  Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode). http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-including-safe-mode
Create a user account
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/create-user-account

Hope this information is helpful. If you need further assistance, please feel free to reply.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I get this message every once in a while when I start up in Windows 10.  I don't know if it's due to Win 10 or the fact that my internet & Cable provider Cox changed their format at the same time I downloaded Win 10.  When I get the message, the computer hangs up & I finally get disgusted & shut the power off. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I wish I had an answer for this.  I'm experiencing the same problem on a brand new HP Envy 750-114.  I found another answer via a Google Search that gives two suggestions for Windows 8 workarounds that involve altering the registry, but this is beyond my skill level.  I'm debating trying to start fresh or just return the darned thing. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I wish I had an answer for this.  I'm experiencing the same problem on a brand new HP Envy 750-114.  I found another answer via a Google Search that gives two suggestions for Windows 8 workarounds that involve altering the registry, but this is beyond my skill level.  I'm debating trying to start fresh or just return the darned thing. 

Hi there. The problem seems to be associated with some sort of incompatibility in file access restrictions/permissions for apps that weren't properly updates/configured for Windows 10. Unfortunately the only way to resolve this issue, if this is indeed the case, is to stop using the associated app (in my case, the app in question was the Phone Companion, which has a faulty File Explorer invocation link... something customer support didn't help me realize at all by the way) and, most importantly, *recreate* the user login. There are two ways to go about doing this:

1.) create a new user from your current account and classify it as Administrator; restart the system, login to the account you just created, delete (locally) the account you were having problem with, restart your PC again, recreate the account you were having issues with as a new user, and login.

2.) recover the PC to factory settings 

22 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for advice, however, I can't create a new user because I can't login?

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Try a forced reboot without any internet connection when the above message is showed. Worked for me. I am using Windows 10

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 13, 2024 Views 23,518 Applies to: