Lock (sign in) screen inactivity idle time interval - any option to change (30 minutes by default)

After 30 minutes of inactivity (that is without keypresses and mouse movements) appears automatically Lock screen sign in / logon screen. I need to enter the password to unlock the screen and to enter the system back. Is there any option to disable this function or at least to change the timeout interval from the default value 30 minutes to anything longer?

I tried to change the timeout in Screen Saver settings dialog, but it does not affect login screen timeout, seems it is two different and independent options.

Also I tried to change the option "Interactive Logon: Machine inactivity limit" in Local Group Policy - Security section. It does not change anything. As much as I could understand, this option affects Screen saver timeout upper limit only.

Thanks for any ideas!

Answer
Answer
Reply In reply to deleted message

On Windows 10 it should be just above the Dynamic Lock option, but for some reason it's missing from your screen and I'm not immediately sure why. Here's a true example from Windows 10 and it's almost certainly exactly what you need. I will try to find out why this option isn't here for you.

Shawn "Cmdr" Keene | Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider | CmdrKeene.com | tweet: @CmdrKeene
Microsoft MVPs are independent experts offering real-world answers. Learn more at mvp.microsoft.com.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 20, 2024 Views 2,658 Applies to: