Lock Screen and Sign in screen not appearing.

Hi everyone! I have a laptop with Windows 10 pro (detailed information about the build number and all is mentioned in the image attached below). The issue which I am facing is that after waking up my pc from sleep, I am not able to see the sign in screen and also not the lock screen which appeared earlier. After pressing the power button on my laptop (to wake up the computer from sleep mode), it directly displays the desktop without showing the two screens mentioned above. Also an option namely 'Requires sign - in ' which was available in 'Settings> Accounts> Sign - in options' is also not available now. Can anyone tell me how to get my lock screen and login screen back when I wake up my computer from sleep?

It would be a great favor.

Hi RPS. I'm Greg, an Independent Advisor.

I believe the problem may be that you have a Local Account with no security showing on the Accounts > Sign in Options page, including the password which is the minimum that needs to be set up in order to get the Require Sign in > When PC wakes from sleep.

Click on the password option to set it up.

I'd also set up a PIN which is much easier. Click the link to see what's making it unavailable. If it says it's an Organization PC or Admin controls this, that can mean account corruption if you're the actual Admin.

If so create a new Local Admin account in Settings > Accounts > Family & Other People > Other Users, as shown here: http://www.howtogeek.com/226540/how-to-create-a...
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-change-user-...

Sign into the new account, test that it runs fine for as long as you want, if so then when ready move your files over, test that all programs work or else reinstall them.

You can also run a Repair Install from the new account, which will sometimes fix the old account: Install the Media Creation Tool from this link http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/m..., choosing Download Tool Now, install the tool, open it and choose Upgrade this PC Now. . This will save your files and apps while bringing you up to the latest version by the most stable method. It will also bring all of your Updates current and solve most problems since it reinstalls Windows.

If not then when ready delete the old account by one of these methods:
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5464-delete...

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and keep me posted. If you'll wait to rate whether my post resolved your problem, I will keep working with you until it's resolved.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Also having issues with lock screen not showing when booting the PC, switch power on. The one and only way I see the (fixed) picture I set and it actually works properly is when using Start > Power > Shutdown or Restart to switch power off. Pressing Alt_F4 > Enter on keyboard (much easier and faster) isn't working and you will always get one of those random pictures. Apparently this is another kind of shutdown bypassing several lines of coding. It just never stops to amaze me how this Operating System is constructed and executed.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 7, 2024 Views 3,458 Applies to: