Linking my Microsoft Account to My product key

Good Day Microsoft Community

I am trying to link my Microsoft Account to my Product key. I followed the steps in the link below:

Activate Windows - Microsoft Support

One of the steps say that I should go to the activation page and select "Add Account", but I don't see such an option.

I am already logged in with my Microsoft Account, I am also an Administrator for my PC. My Activation State is shown as "Windows is Activated" but I want it to say "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account"

How do I go about doing that?

Best Regards

Hello Phillipus,

If your Microsoft account is an administrator on the computer, the digital license should automatically get linked like in the tutorial below.

Afterwards, check your activation status again like in the tutorial below to see if it shows as linked.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Good Day Shawn Brink,

I confirmed that my product is activated. But it doesn't say that it is linked to my Account. See screenshot below.

Now, according to Microsoft, this means that Windows is activated but it is not linked to my account. See table explanation below from official Microsoft website.

So now, I tried following instructions on how to link your Microsoft Account on the Microsoft page, see screenshot below:

When I follow these instructions, there is a point (point 3 to be exact) that says that I should go to the Activation page, Select Add Account and enter my Microsoft account credentials and select Sign In.

But now, on my activation page, there is nothing like "Add Account", see screenshot below.

So now, how do I go about getting the status "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft Account"?

Best Regards

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

For now, check in the tutorial below to see if you can use an option to link it to your Microsoft account.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 2, 2024 Views 1,320 Applies to: