Lines of Green Vertical Pixels Across Desktop Home Screen

Hello, so I've had issues with a vertical lines of green pixels across my desktop home screen. I have narrowed down the issue to either my motherboard or the OS (Windows 10 Pro 64-bit). It isn't the gpu since I have uninstalled it plugged in a displayport into the motherboard to my monitor and still see the green pixels. Even on my Chrome browser there are red pixels that "bleed" thru the upper tab portion including the Chrome extensions (picture attached). I have tried multiple Displayports and HDMI cables, and a different monitor. This only occurs on the home screen, on Chrome, the intro screen of League of Legends, and I've seen some pixels "bleeding" thru on Discord too. However, when I play any video game, the graphics are perfect. No issues whatsoever. I play at 2560x1080 at 144Hz refresh rate. I've tried updating/reverting (to old drivers) for the mobo, gpu and just everything. My last resort is to wipe my PC, and reinstall everything. Re-seated gpu in different slot, re-seated RAM, everything.

If you have any suggestions or tips, I'd greatly appreciate it. 

*Note: The first and third images were much more clearer to my eyes, but were captured poorly for some reason which never happens.

My rig:

Asus Z-270a Prime mobo

Asus ROG Strix 1070 Ti

Intel i7 7700K

16 GB RAM

Hi Alex,

We can cross one of these off the list with another test.

This next step may be a little involved, but has saved me in the past with stuff like this.

1. Do you have another usb we can use? (If not, DVD?)

2. https://linuxmint.com/edition.php?id=254 - download Linux mint from one of the mirrors from the link above.

3. Once downloaded - use one of the following apps to build Linux Bootable Media:

https://www.pendrivelinux.com/yumi-multiboot-us...

https://rufus.akeo.ie

Plug the USB in, and then launch Rufus or Yumi, point to Linux mint, and install it on the USB you have inserted. Once it’s done, click finish, and reboot your PC. Boot to that USB, and boot into the Linux OS. Once the OS is loaded, fart around and see if there is any sign of those lines. If you see them, we know it’s a hardware issue. If not, we can say it’s the OS.

Note: These are a non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Hope this helps, let me know!
- C

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I have used another USB and the issue persists. I bought another Displayport (Ivanky brand) and still have the same issues. I don't want to install Linux as I am not familiar with the OS and don't want to create any other issues for myself. I have already wiped my PC several times and even have used my friends PC which has had no signs of these green lines/pixels by plugging in my SSD into his pc and the lines showed up still. I have even purchased a new SSD and once I installed windows 10 with the new flash drive, the green lines still persisted.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 13, 2023 Views 749 Applies to: