Lenovo Yoga Touchpad Issues

My Lenovo Yoga is just over a year old and recently started having all sorts of weird touchpad issues. The issues initially started after the laptop switched to tablet mode. After that, the cursor on the screen did not return (but I could still use the touch screen to operate the device) - it continued to not work even after switching back to laptop mode and restarting the computer. After a google search, that seemed to be a common problem and I used the troubleshoot feature on the laptop to fix that problem. 

Since getting my cursor back, I've now been having problems with the function of the touchpad itself. I can no longer scroll with two fingers, click and highlight, or right click on any items using my touchpad. I have checked if my touchpad drivers are updated, and used the troubleshoot feature again, but the computer says everything is updated to the latest version and it does not find any issues. What can I do to restore function to my touchpad? 

Hi,

It's possible that this is aa incompatibility or settings related issue. For us to better assists you, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Which Windows version and build are you using? Type winver in the search bar and press Enter to find out.
  • Are getting you any error messages while using the touchpad to scroll, click or highlight?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you check if the Scroll with Two-Fingers feature is enabled to make sure your device has the correct settings. To do this, open Control Panel and select click on Hardware and Sound. Under Device and Printers, click Mouse. Under Devices, click on Device settings tab. Highlight Synaptics TouchPad and click on Settings button. Expand the Multifinger Gestures and make sure that Two-Finger Scrolling box is ticked or checked.

If the issue persists, we would like to recommend that you uninstall and resintall the touchpad drivers to refresh its settings. To do this:

1. Open Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Device Manager.
  2. Expand the node that represents the type of device that you want to uninstall, right-click the device entry, and click Uninstall.
  3. Restart the system to complete the uninstall process and reinstall the same driver at the same time.

Once done, check if the issue persists.

For any results, kindly update this thread.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 17, 2024 Views 2,786 Applies to: