Lenovo Yoga 3 11 Windows 10 Tablet Mode Problems

I updated from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 about 3 months ago. I encountered a problem with the tablet mode not being activated when my laptop is used as a tablet. In addition to the tablet mode switching, when I manually place my computer in tablet mode the onscreen keyboard will not activate properly. When I tap on an area to type (Microsoft Edge address bar) the on screen keyboard flashes, but will not remain open. The final issue I am encountering is also when I am in tablet mode, the screen rotation does not work.

I have tried updating my drivers, and resetting the PC. Neither of these options fixed the issues.

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

If you want to do it the short, quick way, there should be a toggle by default in the Action Center in the bottom right hand corner of the desktop. Just click it on or off when you want to go into and out of tablet mode.

The other, more long winded way to find it is:

• Click or tap the Start button
  • Open the Settings application
  • Click or tap on "System"
  • In the pane on the left of the screen scroll all the way to the bottom until you see "Tablet Mode"
  • Ensure the toggle is set to either on or off to your preference.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I had similar issues too but I now have my Yoga 3 11 working fine. Sorry its not that simple but this is roughly the procedure I went through:

• I did a full reset of Windows 10 (Settings > Update & Security > Recovery > Restart now (in advanced startup) > Troubleshoot > Reset this PC > Remove everything). YOU MUST BACKUP EVERYTHING and save all your settings and bookmarks etc as this will remove everything from your computer. You will need to reinstall any apps and programs afterwards. This cleared up a lot of the glitches that occurred after the upgrade and helped a lot on all of my Windows 10 machines and although it takes a few hours it is well worth the effort.
  • After resetting install all Windows 10 drivers for the Lenovo 1170 (which is the Yoga 3 11) at the Lenovo driver website http://support.lenovo.com/au/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-3-1170. The most important one which fixes the screen rotation problem is the ITE sensor firmware update but the other one is the touchpad driver which fixes the soft keyboard issues. You should also install the firmware update (which is for Windows 8.1 64 bit but installs in Windows 10) as well as Harmony which also says it is for Windows 8.1 but installs in Windows 10. Harmony made my system automatically switch between tablet mode and desktop mode. I suggest that you install all of the Windows 10 drivers and cross check against device manager to make sure that you are installing the right driver.
  • I also remember that I installed Lenovo settings through the app store and it went on to redirect me to the Lenovo website to install further required software. I can't remember if it 100% required but it does no harm so I would recommend it. It may need to be done before installing Harmony.

After all this everything should work okay except I have noticed when it is in tablet mode when you start your computer you need to open the Yoga 3 11 into the laptop position to type your password or pin number as the soft keyboard displays quickly then disappears. Also some programs do not automatically bring up the keyboard so I recommend in tablet mode long pressing the tablet mode task bar and selecting "show touch keyboard button".

I hope this helps.

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 7, 2024 Views 2,328 Applies to: