Lenovo Yoga 11e Microphone not working with Windows 20H2 build

I thought it worth mentioning that there are a number of suggestions out there to solve microphone issues with the Lenovo Yoga 11e but the fix appears to be something that could be used for other challenges experienced with other laptops with the latest Windows 20H2 build for it seems to be something that gets raised historically over may discussion channels and something for which Lenovo appear to suggest a diagnostics to help find and resolve the issue.  Here is a sample of Lenovo's solution here 

My son was unable to conduct a Zoom on his home school Web meeting today because the class and teacher could not hear him so he reverted to the chat and as the family home school IT and Teacher support I was able to run a few checks on the WWW but after sifting through various suggestions, some suggesting a full rebuild of windows (and we know how tiresome that can be) I found some very simple and straightforward advice which has my son's microphone on his Lenovo Yoga 11e now working perfectly (if you could see his smile).  I also have not stopped smiling because it has saved me time and effort going down rabbit warrens of detailed investigation which would have been both stressful and time consuming. 

I therefore want to share with you all in the case this might help someone with similar problems - aka Microphone NOT working on a Windows 10 version 20H2.  Here is an insert from the solution found on the Lenovo community and provided by a retired Lenovo employee.  Its an "old piece of advice with old links to Windows 7 etc etc but I can confirm it survives the passage of time and as a solution still works today so worth knowing.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Reverting to the Microsoft Built in Driver

Open Device Manager

Under Sound and game controller Right click on the sound adapter and click on update driver

On the prompt of update driver click on  Browse my computer for Driver Software 

On the next window Click on let me pick from a list of device driver

Now you will have a list of drivers already available in your system,

If your system has a Lenovo Supplied driver plus a Microsoft built in driver, then you should have at least two drivers on the list

If you see a High definition Audio then that should be the Microsoft built in, click that and install it.

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

Discussion Info

Last updated June 13, 2023 Views 1,071 Applies to: