Lenovo PC no longer able to detect external monitor

Since June 2017, I have been using my Lenovo Miix 510 PC/tablet (Windows 10 – 64 bit) with an ASUS external monitor (VS-228H-P) and it worked as expected. However, as of a few days ago, my Miix 510 is no longer able to detect the external monitor I have been using for the past 20 months. The Miix 510 is connected to a USB-C docking station, then a HDMI cable is connected from the docking station to the ASUS monitor. No changes to hardware nor software was made that I'm aware of.

Here what I’ve done to troubleshoot but the problem still persists:

1. Replaced the current HDMI cable another working HDMI cable
2. Replaced the current docking station with a new docking station
3. Connected the original HDMI cable I’ve been using to two other computers’ HDMI ports. Worked as expected. Both of the other 2 computers were able to detect the same ASUS monitor. 
4. Connected the Miix 510 via HDMI and docking station to a TV. 
5. Downloaded the display drivers updated the display and monitor drivers in Win10 Device Manager several times on the Miix 510.
6. Installed older display and monitor drivers.
7. Unplugged the power cord and HDMI cable from the monitor and reconnected them after 15 minutes.
8. Ran the SFC in the command prompt in Windows. No problems found.
9. Tried all the Project settings in Windows 10.

10. Checked Display settings in Windows 10. Unable to detect. 

11.    Installed the latest drivers. According Win10 updates, I have the "best drivers".

Based upon the troubleshooting steps above I must conclude that the PC or its Windows 10 OS is the source of the issue.

Why did the Miix 510 PC or Windows 10 stop detecting the external monitor after 20 months of use? I'm at my wits end trying everything under the sun. 

Hi,

My name is Angel. I am an Independent Advisor. Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This article will help you to fix, if Windows 10 doesn't detects second monitor or the other display device to which you're projecting:
Https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-windows-10-doesnt-detects-second-monitor

Hope the information provided is useful. If the issue persists, reply here and we will be glad to help you.

Angel.

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Angel,

Thanks for your quick response. Unfortunately, I tried all the steps in that page and still no luck. So what's next?

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I disconnected the USB-C docking station then reconnected it. Now I get a message from Win10 saying "Display connection might be limited". I click the message, then it redirects me to the following page:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4012609/windows-10-fix-usb-c-problems#connectionlimited

I tried their generic boilerplate "Solutions to Try" fixes but no luck. Has anyone ran into this issue?

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Tommy,

What happened to your HP envy last September? I am having exactly the same issue with my hp pavilion 15. The old thread is closed and seems not resolved. Could you provide any info on that?

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 12, 2024 Views 12,003 Applies to: