Lenovo 100s ideapad Bitlocker problem after Windows update Nov 2018.

My Lenovo 100s got a Microsoft update on 2/11/18. Since restarting I get the bitlocker blue screen asking me to enter the recovery. I never set one up, was never asked to set one up, so don't have one. Been backwards and forwards with Lenovo, who say they are working on the problem and have now said it is a problem for Microsoft to sort out. Contacted Microsoft who have said it is a hardware problem for Lenovo to sort. Please can someone just help to sort it out.

Question Info

Last updated January 19, 2019 Views 827 Applies to:
Answer

re the issue with Lenovo 100s and bit locker having been onto Lenovo and Microsoft to get issue resolved

first speaking with LENOVO they confirmed it is a Microsoft issue 100s Ideapad  DOES NOT HAVE TPM CHIP INSTALLED NOR IS THE HARD DRIVE PARTIONED  OR A SEPERATE BOOT OPTION IF YOU READ MICROSOFT OWN CRITERIA  for bit locker to be enabled THE MACHINE NEEDS THESE also as bit locker is Microsoft 

not LENOVO . Having now spoken to a Microsoft agent in the U S A he now agrees that it is their issue 

having pointed out their own criteria for bitlocker  he agreed beyond his pay grade and would force it up the line

I pointed out also two days before the update KB4462919 within my Microsoft account where you are supposed 

to find this key my setting was off it now shows on not changed by me so why cannot the Microsoft accounts be rest to off by default like the update did earlier in year .I have written in disgust to Microsoft AS THIS IS NOW THE SECOND TIME UPDATES HAVE CAUSED ISSUES WITH LAPTOPS WITHIN THE FAMILY AND WE NEED ANSWERI AGREE CORPARTIONS NEED BIT LOCKER I DONT

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.