Laptop Screen resolution not scaling properly

Hello. I'm not sure what I did. I think I might have hit an Hotkey. I'm not sure. Anyways. I have an MSI GE66. Fully updated windows, fully updated drivers.  The 15" screen (built in laptop monitor), it has a native 1920x1080 display setting. If I use that resolution the screen fills the whole monitor. When I try to use a different resolution, like 1366x768 (because I don't like the 1920x1080) the screen will be inside of a box in the center monitor. This affects gameplay which is very annoying. I don't think a 15" screen is big enough for 1920x1080. I prefer 1366x768 instead. Now it wants to a box in the center of the screen.

I've tried different guides but 1: I have no option to scale screen resolution, neither in Window's nor in Nvidia's Control Panels. 2. I have full admin so I don't understand why the option doesn't appear. So I've tried several guides but they don't help because those options don't appear.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello there,
Please try the following:
1) Start > Settings > Systems > Display :
    Try changing the scale and layout.
Good luck...

If you have any questions, you are always welcome to ask me. If my solution has helped you solve your issue, please hit the mark as solution or this reply was helpful button,
Best Regards,
Ackerson.C

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

That's all it does. Then when I switch to 1920/1080 it goes back to fullscreen.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I actually just figured it out. It was underneath the Intel graphics settings. Super annoying that it wouldn't show up when I searched. Seems like an option that should have shown up when I searched for that option. Smh.....

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 12, 2022 Views 739 Applies to: