Laptop goes into BSOD when alt tabbing from game or just a few minutes into game.

Hi,

I got this error yesterday after running League Of Legends for a few minutes and I got the BSOD screen. I tested to see if other games would have the same issue but only League of Legends tends to bring me to BSOD. Few games I've tried were, Valorant, Garena Server League, CSGO and they all seem to be fine. I don't know what's wrong and how I can fix this.

I changed something from the Regedit which were the MouseDataQueueSize and KeyboardDataQueueSize, I changed them back to the original decimal thinking that might have been the problem. But even after changing it back to normal, I get the BSOD with the error code : 
VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR

Crash dump directories

C:\WINDOWS
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

On Thu 18/2/2021 11:01:06 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\021821-18890-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: watchdog.sys (watchdog+0x3AD0)
Bugcheck code: 0x119 (0xE00, 0xFFFF9A0F0FC44000, 0xFFFF9A0F0FD2FAF0, 0xFFFF9A0F0FD2FDF8)
Error: VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\watchdog.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Watchdog Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that the video scheduler has detected a fatal violation.
The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 18/2/2021 10:52:30 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\021821-17625-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: watchdog.sys (watchdog+0x3AD0)
Bugcheck code: 0x119 (0xE00, 0xFFFFD0047B7F1000, 0xFFFFD0047B851B30, 0xFFFFD0047B851E38)
Bug check description: This indicates that the video scheduler has detected a fatal violation.
The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 17/2/2021 8:55:24 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\021721-17203-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x119 (0xE00, 0xFFFF918B05662000, 0xFFFF918B0563CBC0, 0xFFFF918B0563CEC8)

On Wed 17/2/2021 8:36:03 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\021721-17781-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x119 (0xE00, 0xFFFFC3886666B000, 0xFFFFC38866753910, 0xFFFFC38866753C18)

On Wed 17/2/2021 7:18:55 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\021721-9125-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x119 (0xE00, 0xFFFF8E06A46DC000, 0xFFFF8E06A46B2BC0, 0xFFFF8E06A46B2EC8)

Crash dump directories:
C:\WINDOWS
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

On Thu 18/2/2021 11:01:06 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\021821-18890-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x119 (0xE00, 0xFFFF9A0F0FC44000, 0xFFFF9A0F0FD2FAF0, 0xFFFF9A0F0FD2FDF8)

On Thu 18/2/2021 10:52:30 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\021821-17625-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x119 (0xE00, 0xFFFFD0047B7F1000, 0xFFFFD0047B851B30, 0xFFFFD0047B851E38)

On Wed 17/2/2021 8:55:24 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\021721-17203-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x119 (0xE00, 0xFFFF918B05662000, 0xFFFF918B0563CBC0, 0xFFFF918B0563CEC8)

On Wed 17/2/2021 8:36:03 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\021721-17781-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x119 (0xE00, 0xFFFFC3886666B000, 0xFFFFC38866753910, 0xFFFFC38866753C18)

On Wed 17/2/2021 7:18:55 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\021721-9125-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x119 (0xE00, 0xFFFF8E06A46DC000, 0xFFFF8E06A46B2BC0, 0xFFFF8E06A46B2EC8)

I think your PC's ram is almost broken. Second your CPU doesn't macth with your RAM or game. Third, your game is the cause your PC ran into BSOD. Just change the ram or uninstall the game. I think this is help you.I'm sorry if you can't fix the problem

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

The game ran fine before this issue occurred. I had this gaming laptop for almost 2 years and it seemed to have run that game well but suddenly this error comes up. Could it be I have to change something in my hardware?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi ChunRobin, I am Rob, an independent and a 15 time and dual award MVP specializing in Windows troubleshooting and Bluescreen analysis. Please remember as independents we are not responsible for the development of Windows or the computer hardware and drivers. If you will work with me I will be here to help until the issue is resolved.

watchdog.sys is a Windows component which means something else drove it into Fault.

BugCheck 119 is most often the video driver or the video device or other hardware affecting it such as motherboard, memory, or even heat (not necessarily out of specs).

======================================================

Troubleshoot blue screen errors <-- read this link
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/t...

BBCode: 119 0x00000119 <-- read this link
https://tinyurl.com/yx3wfmot

Use the DDU method to uninstall and reinstall the video drivers.

Display Driver Uninstaller - Free
https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-dr...

------

Remove ALL power then reseat the cards, memory, and cabling (on both ends when possible) - actually remove and replace - do not just attempt to snug.

======================================================

If needed we may be able to glean more info from the DMP files.

Troubleshoot blue screen errors <-- read this link
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/t...

If there are any memory.dmp files created in C:\Windows or xxxxxxxx.dmp files in C:\Windows\minidump then post those so I can analyze them.

We can analyze the minidumps if you make them available from the OneDrive or other file-sharing sites (such as MediaFire). If you have problems uploading the minidumps copy them to the Desktop or the Documents folder and upload them from there.

One-Drive - Share files and folders and change permissions
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/sha...

Upload photos and files
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/add...

Zip or upload the contents of C:\Windows\minidump

Use OneDrive to upload collected files
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/uplo...

Here to help,

Rob

------
Standard Disclaimer: Those may be non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Please let us know the results and if you need further assistance. Feedback definitely helps us help all.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

BTW, since it is a laptop about all you may be able to reseat is the memory and SSD/hard drive. And even those may be soldered in and not user-serviceable.

Be sure to contact the laptop maker's support for diagnostics help and possible RMA. Ask in their forums about any known issues.

Here to help,

Rob

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Did you update the video driver and use the other steps I recommended?

Were you able to resolve the issue.

Feedback definitely helps me to help others.

Rob B. (in my other persona)

Rob Brown - past Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider MVP 2016 - 2021
Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT 2009 - 2020

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 15, 2024 Views 543 Applies to: