'laclient.exe (UNICODE) has stopped working'

I am getting the prompt 'laclient.exe (UNICODE) has stopped working' about 3-5 minutes after I boot up my system.  What does this mean and how can I resolve it? Thanks for your help.

Hi John,

The message you're receiving might be due to a variety of reasons. One of which is due to corrupted system files.

That being said, please provide the answers to the following for us to be able to learn more about your concern:

• Is your Windows 10 updated?
  • When did the issue started?
  • What were the changes made before the issue started?
  • Were you accessing an app when the error message appeared?

In the meantime, let's perform a Clean Boot to make sure that no application is causing the issue. Clean Boot helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when running or installing a program in Windows 10.
Note: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

You can also consider running the following scans to repair missing or corrupted system files on your PC:

• System File Checker
    The System File Checker or SFC is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore these corrupted files.
  • DISM or System Update Readiness tool
    The DISM or Deployment Image Servicing and Management can help you fix some Windows corruption errors as well.

Let us know the result.

Regards.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Have the same issue since updating my logitech gaming software. Only happens on my second account not my main account. Its part of the logitech software package if you have it. Try uninstalling it and reinstallig and see if that fixes it. Also check each account seperatly as well since it you may recieve the error only on one account and not the other 

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Also noticed that if i try to start it manually ill get the error however if i run it as administrater then it works. Wondering if its a permission issue depending on which account installed it 

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Found a workaround for you. In the logitech gaming software or whichever you use for your mouse there is a setting for Analytics which is basically a client that sends diagnogstics and usage data. Uncheck the box "help logitech improve its products and services automatically" and the errors will stop when you boot up again or at least it did for me.

63 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great Snag! Every since I installed flight 16281 I have been getting this error on startup.  I have a Logitech MX Master 2S mouse.

I knew the error was related to that software but nothing seemed to work.  This is a great find and I wanted to take the time to tell you how much I appreciate you taking the time to share it.  If we all participate like this it will cut down our troubleshooting time exponentially!

I have also provided your solution to Microsoft in the feedback hub of this build.

THanks again,

Dave

Windows Insider

15 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Interesting. I installed a Logitech G19 keyboard (on the admin account) and I unchecked the box "help logitech improve its products and services automatically"

However, when I reboot the computer and login to my user account I got this error. And yes, this box was checked on this account.

Anyone else that thinks this is not what you would expect? Bad Logitech, bad.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

We have noticed that the post has been inactive for quite some time. We'd like to verify if you're still getting the same error code that the original poster received as well. If so, kindly reply to this thread for further assistance.

In the meantime, we suggest that you create another administrator account to check if this issue replicates. You may follow the steps listed on this link.

For any results, just send us a reply.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I installed the other day an update of the Logitech Options software with feedback a.k.a. analytics activated and do not face the issue any longer. I note I am using currently Win 10 Insider Preview build 17063. But also at build 17046 no more issues were faced.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Eileen, 

My issue was resolved as I indicated above in the post. 

With the help of another insider!

Rock on!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 15, 2024 Views 16,963 Applies to: