keyboard/typing jumps around

Help please, everytime I am typing my pointer jumps around back and forth in the sentence. I can't type on word, office, websites, etc.
I am using vista.
Answer
Answer

Hi bamagalxtwo,

Thanks for visiting answers.microsoft.com forums.

My first suggestion would be to check the drivers for your keyboard to make sure that they are up to date and also that the device is working correctly.

Click on the Start Orb, > Control Panel > Keyboard.

Click on the Hardware tab, and select Properties button. Click on the Driver tab and select Update Driver.

If your keyboard’s driver is updated, try typing again and see if your cursor still jumps around.

Is this a problem you recently starting having?  Have you made any changes to your computer (install/uninstall) and noticed this problem started?

Is this a laptop or computer you are having problems with?  Are you using a wireless keyboard?

If this is a laptop, perhaps your palm is hitting the touchpad which is making the cursor jump around. 

You can disable this by going to Control Panel and enter the mouse/touchpad settings. Find a Checkbox that reads "disable touchpad when typing.

You can check out this article to see if it may provide any help

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/ddea43b3-a732-4b18-8992-b23c3fdc25fc1033.mspx/

I hope this information helps.

Kavita M

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 15, 2024 Views 5,086 Applies to: