Keep getting Avast's "Malicious URL Blocked" messages every few seconds

I have Vista Home Premium, 32-bit, Service Pack 2.   For the last week or so, I keep getting Avast's message: "Malicious URL Blocked"  popping up every few seconds.  The 2 common ones are from 'hxxp://oldschoolzz.ocm/x/" and "hxxp://newgenerationp.com/x/" .  I have ran all Microsoft security scans, Malware Bytes, Avast, somethng called aswMBR, and hijack this.  I have also done a couple boot scans. I have ran logs of these and so far the Avast support tells me they can't find any virus/infection.  There have been times where I do scan and either Trojans or registry items come up.  I then delete them but right away when I reboot, I get these pop-upd back again.  I have also restored to a point before this happened, but that did not solve it either.  Sometimes it even comes up when I am not on the internet.  Any other suggestions besides reinstalling Vista :(.  Any other suggestions.  Please let me know if you need any other information.  Thanks for any help!
Answer
Answer

Malicious URL Blocked pop up by Avast seems to be an issue these days with many who are using Avast.

Most online forums are flooded with questions regarding this mysterious pop up.

Is this is a virus or a false positive alarm by Avast?

An Avast glitch?

If it is virus why is this not being detected by any of the antivirus/anti malware programs?

Why is Avast so quiet about this?
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic456361.html

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Malicious+URL+Blocked%22&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-ContextMenu&ie=&oe=

UTC/GMT is 20:22 on Saturday, June 16, 2012                                

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 15, 2022 Views 1,980 Applies to: