KB4535996

Newest update KB4535996 is crashing machines. Makes the machines lock up and blue screen at log in screens.  Not able to get into any safe mode and uninstall this update. Forcing rebuild and GPO's to block this particular update. Microsoft says they havent heard of any problems. however when you search the web there is a slue of issues just from this optional update. Anyone else having issues w this KB?

[Thread moved by VM from Windows 7 forum to Windows 10 forum because KB4535996 is for Windows 10, versions 1903 and 1909, not Windows 7]

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Seeing this issue with about 200 machines. Uninstalling the update doesnt come off cleanly and still gets lock ups on initial boot. 

Seeing this issue with about 200 machines. Uninstalling the update doesnt come off cleanly and still gets lock ups on initial boot. 

I thought it was so. I suggested to my colleagues not to install it at all

One short und clear statement from Microsoft please?

One short und clear statement from Microsoft please?

what kind? isn't everything written so far enough? I have no idea what Microsoft wants to do to fix it.

Sorry Alessandro!

I mean, @Microsoft should place a statement. 

Sorry Alessandro!

I mean, @Microsoft should place a statement. 

Yes, Microsoft should

First off why are you patching 200 machines before patch Tuesday? Historically, MS mid month releases are considered previews for enterprises to test in a lab environment. Also, with 200 machines you should have at the very least a wsus box for patch management that you could simply remove the update from deployment. If you are building GPOs to block the update. You are doing it wrong. 

My issues with this update was unable to print from any document, just received a black print screen. When I tried to do Test Prints, it took 10 minutes just to do that. Secondly the computer ran very slow.

This was initially an Optional Update, after I had downloaded and installed, I uninstalled the update through Windows Update, it then was not an Optional Update and downloaded and installed a second time. Prior to restarting for full install, I disabled Auto Updates, then uninstalled the update again and have had no problem since.

Hey guys,

I recently installed this update, over the weekend or so, as suggested by Microsoft windows. 

To my suprise, early morning yesterday while studying my pc froze and showed the blue screen of death. Out of the blue really. My drive, for almost 3 years had never had any errors or such. 

I tried everything to fix it. Bootrec /fixboot showed access denied. Chkdsk ran for hours and said nothing waa wrong. System restore didnt work. SYSTEM RESET DIDNT WORK EITHER. Uninstalling the update from recovery screen didn't work. It didnt allow me to boot Safe mode. I tried these from the recovery environment AND a recovery drive. And you all know windows encrypts your user files... 

So there was no way to fix my pc or get my files back. Im losing my school work, personal work, lots of important files, to say the least. 

Right now, i'm busy with a clean install... Admist the busiest semester of my final year...

Thanks a lot windows. We didnt only ask for an operating system that works. Many like me that have been affected by your **** will eventually stop using windows and switch to more reliable OS. And you won't own that monopoly for long. (Fingers crossed)

I've been an MS Windows user for 34 continuous years and this latest update fiasco with KB4535996 is the final straw for me. Just picked up my new 16" MacBook Pro and as God as my witness I'm never looking back. Same goes for my wife and our 3 kids. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 10, 2020 Views 5,893 Applies to: