KB4512508 deletes user made junctions and symbolic links

My system was normal today when I booted it up. but after KB4512508 installed it self, before even rebooting the system, all my symbolic links and junctions got deleted. the did not get broken, they got deleted. the endpoint for the junction no longer exist. and the desktop icons  that referred to stuff in the directoried made via junctions are showing as broken. on top of that, Steam opened up when I booted up my system for the day. but after the update installed it self, all of a sudden all my games were saying that the executable was missing. this is what alerted me that something had gone wrong. I am now having to go back and re-create all of my junctions and symbolic links - *SARCASM* THANKS FOR THAT M$! if you were gonna pull this type of stunt with an update the least you could have done is give you userbase a warning. BTW.... all the M$ created junctions and symbolic links are just fine. so it is definitely the update, not anything else. other wise I would have broken junctions and the like. thanks for yet another big FU to your loyal customers.
|
Hi Cybot
Greetings! I am Vijay, an Independent Advisor. May I request a small help from you? These forum posts are not read by Microsoft engineers. You should report this to Microsoft so that Microsoft developers should look into this to consider this for a fix.

I would recommend that you submit this request as a feedback to Windows team through Feedback Hub

Windows Key+F
Submit your feedback
Sincerely yours,
Vijay A. Verma @ http://www.eforexcel.com/

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 14, 2019 Views 106 Applies to: