KB4493472

I am running Windows 7 and tried to install KB4493472 and it states this update is not necessary.  Why am I getting this message?  Microsoft website states this update should be installed.
|

Hello,

From the update information page (https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4493472/windows-7-update-kb4493472), follow these instructions:

Before installing this update

Microsoft strongly recommends you install the latest servicing stack update (SSU) for your operating system before installing the latest Rollup. SSUs improve the reliability of the update process to mitigate potential issues while installing the Rollup and applying Microsoft security fixes. 

If you are using Windows Update, the latest SSU (KB4490628) will be offered to you automatically. To get the standalone package for the latest SSU, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog.

Hope this helps!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Microsoft MVP (Windows IT Pro), since 2014 · Windows Insider MVP · Windows Help (www.kapilarya.com)

1 person found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

are you using a 32bit/x86 or a 64bit/x64 version of Windows 7?

2 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

That seems like an odd error message:

this update is not necessary

Is that really what the message says or does it say something else that you will transcribe without paraphrasing?

Are you seeing this message from Control Panel, Windows Update or are you attempting to download/install the update separately for some reason?

You can use the instructions in this link to include a screenshot of the error message you are seeing - and include a screenshot of the Microsoft WWW site where it says the update should be installed:

How to include a screenshot in your post

1 person found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

64 bit

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for your response.  I was getting that exact message in Windows Update after trying to install it.  Fortunately today, I was able to successfully install this update.  Not sure what the problem was before because I tried numerous times on different days with the same result. (Definition of insanity :) ) Today  it worked.  Gog figure.  Anyway, thanks again for offering you assistance.

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks so much for your offer for assistance.  As you can probably see by my previous post, I was able to install it successfully today.  Much appreciated.

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for your help.  I was able to install it successfully today.  Not sure why after numerous previous tries.  I am going to take you advice though.  Checked my update history and did not see that KB installed.  I use windows update and that one never came through and I install the updates religiously.  Anyway, if it's recommended, I should do it and will just have to do it manually.  Once again, thanks.

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Glad the issue is resolved.

Thanks for the update!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Microsoft MVP (Windows IT Pro), since 2014 · Windows Insider MVP · Windows Help (www.kapilarya.com)

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated November 18, 2019 Views 368 Applies to: